Custom Map #1400: NEXUS 06

Started by AutoPost, September 03, 2012, 08:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1400: NEXUS 06

Author: yum234

Desc:

SmileyCoder

Hidden creeper with no good reason earned this map a downvote. If you hide a small amount of creeper thats one thing. But with such a high concentration of creeper its basicly a restart of the map, and I really can't be assed to that.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

yum-forum

You are right. Sorry. Initially without hidden creeper it was too easy to win. As a compensation I added helpful hidden anti-creeper. :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

SmileyCoder

May I suggest that next time place perhaps 2k creeper in the first block as a "heads up" and then more in the next?
TheSmileyCoder

yum-forum

Thank You for comments. It was idea that better to attack creeper after building many reactors and this creeper
not dangerous to liberation ship at all. 2k creeper very easy to kill.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

SmileyCoder

I always attempt to "speed" play, going for the best time (within reason). I had not saved and had just finished killing the first emitter when the "big" pack of entombed creeper was released. As a speed player by heart, I know felt that I would have to start over, in order to take something into consideration which was not obvious.

If the entombed creeper in the first cell had been smaller, it would not have ruined the game (from my point of view, others are welcome to think differently of course), and something like 2k creeper would have been a harmless "tip" or a Heads up, that the player should check for entombed creeper while playing this map.

There are no right or wrong, these are simply my preferences. :)
TheSmileyCoder