non build zones

Started by superzip, December 25, 2009, 04:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superzip

i am missing a buttom in the map editor, so you can select arear of the map were the player can't build, but the creeper can move freely over.
you can call it quicksand, or radioactive, something like that

Aurzel

if you dont want people to build in the area just make lots of different terrain in the area, lots of highs and lows

knucracker

Hmmmm
Interesting....  A no build zone would have to have some sort of visual indicator.  But other than that, it would certainly be easy to implement something like this.  I'll put it down on my list...

Like Aurzel said, you can come fairly close to this by just putting dimples int he the ground  every so often.  But these dimples do pool the creeper a little bit and they do attract mortar fire.

superzip

virgilw can you post you list as a sticky in the Suggestions forum

Aurzel

if you dont want dipples you can put little hills, the creeper will speed up slightly too since it has slightly less area to cover

Sniper

I must say I like the basic idea. Yes, you can use terrain braking, but it is not the same. It can be quicksand, rocky terrain, ice (the best way is to let mapmaker put in his own picture to combine it well with skin he used for terrain).
If you think noone watchs you, my agents will get bonus.

J

Do you even have seen the map "unvisible"? Its use the same trick of different terrain.