Custom Map: Frogger

Started by AutoPost, February 25, 2012, 02:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Frogger

Author: Amdy

Desc:
Based on the classic arcade game. I'm not sure why the creeper won't go above level 3, can anyone help here?

CatoSterling

Thanks for the map.

If you have the Emitter's intensity set to Level 3, the Creeper from that Emitter will never get deeper than 3, no matter how long you wait.  See the explanation from the Map Editor Help screen:

Emitter Intensity:  This is how much Creeper is emitted at each interval.  The unit of measurement is "height".  So a value of 2 means that enough Creeper to stack 2 terrain levels is emitted.  Note that whenever Creeper is emitted is very quickly spreads out.  It acts much like a thin syrup being poured on a table.  Typical values for this field are 1, 2, or 3.  If you only ever produce Creeper at an intensity of 1, this Creeper will never get thick enough to overflow any higher terrain.  So the intensity of the Creeper you emit can depend on what effect you want to achieve with your terrain.  Note that you can put exceedingly high values here (like say 50).  This will produce a very large amount of Creeper and make emitters that can be very difficult to cap off.  Experiment with intensity and interval to produce the effects you want.

Happy map-making !

RealAndy

Thank you Cato, I can't believe I've been making maps this long and havn't know that.  Might have to put out an update on it.