Custom Map #724: Defense Quest

Started by AutoPost, January 16, 2012, 05:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #724: Defense Quest

Author: Xindaris

Desc:
Beware! You've got to defend yourself and dig to a capsule while things get worse and worse coming from up above.

PeterPower

This was a fun level but I found it to be a cakewalk if you follow this strategy:
Spoiler
If you dig up the future dig site path and put a shield and repulsers there with 4 launchers total the creeper never even comes down the tunnels. The main shaft needs 6 blasters and a steady stream of conversion bombs but again no stress at all beacuse you have almost infinite energy and room for reactors. At the end I had 1046 stored crystals and 48 Tech points left after upgrading everything worthwhile. The entire level is just a waiting game for the earth to be dug. I didn't think about it until halfway but then I built portals every 6 squares to speed up the packets... haha.
[close]
The same idea but with much faster creeper arriving, perhaps the ENTIRE top being degradable terrain, and maybe nonstop drones would make it much more frenetic.

Xindaris

Well, things moved a little faster and the top couple of emitters were about 10x denser in the first draft of the map, but I couldn't beat it with those settings so I had to tweak things to be a little easier. My limitations as a player pretty much put a roof on the available difficulty of my levels, I guess.

eudrick

Quote from: Xindaris on January 17, 2012, 11:07:18 AM
Well, things moved a little faster and the top couple of emitters were about 10x denser in the first draft of the map, but I couldn't beat it with those settings so I had to tweak things to be a little easier. My limitations as a player pretty much put a roof on the available difficulty of my levels, I guess.
As a map author you don't have to be the one to submit a qualifying time when submitting a map for approval.  Anyone can do it for you.  If you create a map that YOU can't beat but feel that it's worthy ask in the map testing forum for someone to play it for you.  HERE>>>>http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=8152.0
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

tijno77

cool

love it

a really easy but fun concept :) keep making maps my friend