Custom Map #639: Nothing Lasts Forever

Started by AutoPost, January 02, 2012, 04:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #639: Nothing Lasts Forever

Author: Peter Power

Desc:
The entire map is crumbling around you and there is creeper, drones, phantoms and dig sites all headed your way. Which to kill first?

PeterPower

I admit this map is pretty lame, design-wise. It was actually one of the first ones I made way back. It originally didn`t start with blasters and phantom coils but that was too difficult.

SmileyCoder

I have tried it 3 times so far, without finding a working strategy. Its (of course) not nearly as creative as your other maps, but I still like playing it, and I know I will find a way to beat it.

Keep up the map-making :)
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

PeterPower

I recommend you talk to Snowmaker (JM) He's destroyed my scores easily on at least the last 4 maps I made. :D This is a speed map for sure, although MUCH easier that I anticipated with the right strategy. First rule is have minimum 2 anti-creeper makers and 6-8 ore extractors by about 2 minutes. then the map (almost) finishes itself.

This map was designed before I started the Dagon series and in hindsight I should have redesigned it, including feilds and more aggressive enemies. I submitted it in a rush before I had to go out that day and regret that I didnt improve it first. Ah, learn from my mistakes I guess. :-\

DethbyIT

Concur on "Keep up the map-making" - fun stuff - and I'm really enjoying the Dragon series.
dbit