Custom Map #745: revenge of Nexus.

Started by AutoPost, January 24, 2012, 09:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #745: revenge of Nexus.

Author: Pootispoot (nl)

Desc:
After the rebels have killed 1 of Nexus's generals, Nexus seeks vengence. Play as one of Nexus's generals the beat the rebels.

Shimizu

Interesting map, but the creeper/anticreep switch was a bit confusing at first even reading the intro bit I kinda did a double take.

Think there's too much time at the beginning you have to wait for 5 minute point before you can even do anything without killing your rift...unnecessary delay in a map that is much about delay.

Different concept though as long as you dont mind mashing the fast forward key and waiting around
Meow?

pootispoot

Quote from: Shimizu on January 24, 2012, 01:22:05 PM
Think there's too much time at the beginning you have to wait for 5 minute point before you can even do anything without killing your rift...unnecessary delay in a map that is much about delay.

Different concept though as long as you dont mind mashing the fast forward key and waiting around

The delay is 8 minutes just to prepare the creeper. If you could rush through the beginning it would be way to easy.

the waiting is into the storyline Nexus' has been beaten by the rebels and he first needs to distroy the creeper around him.

J

This is just waiting for the emitters to create enough creeper (AC) and using makers to move it into battle. I'm so happy I have the CB's now. The waiting would be better if it took 2 minutes or something. The creeper colors are pretty confusing on this map.
HINT:
Spoiler
Makers don't use energy once built, use vacuum makers to clear up the AC (creeper on this map) left behind. You don't need more than 4 makers to get all AC made by the 3 AC emitters on top of the map. This also gives more energy for conversion bombs and maker bombs (charge up and move them into the creeper, turn produce on when fully charged to drop even more AC into the creeper). All maker should use the x4 setting on this map
[close]

SmileyCoder

The idea here is quite good. The execution however is very boring, not to say confusing.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.