Custom Map #246: Attempt 1

Started by AutoPost, September 27, 2011, 07:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #246: Attempt 1

Author: Lycan_Knight

Desc:
my first attempt at creating a map... not sure how it'll do so here goes.. hahaha

Meander

Fun map, thanks :)

Not to hard and pretty straight forward, was fun to play!

DethbyIT

@Lycan_Knight,
Very nice first map - lots of ways to approach the attack and I will be sure to play it a few more times.

Thank you for putting it together.
dbit

Lycan_Knight

i actually plan on designing on a series of 'attempt' levels like this. i am currently working on the 2nd one which should be a bit harder :P i dunno though since it took me 40 minutes to complete the 'Attempt 1' map i designed xD nice job to whoever beat it in 3 minutes O.o

Colin

Quote from: Lycan_Knight on September 28, 2011, 03:33:06 PM
i actually plan on designing on a series of 'attempt' levels like this. i am currently working on the 2nd one which should be a bit harder :P i dunno though since it took me 40 minutes to complete the 'Attempt 1' map i designed xD nice job to whoever beat it in 3 minutes O.o

One thing that makes the map "easy" to some
of us is the amount of crystal energy, there is
enough crystal energy in the map you could
beat it without building any reactors. So toning
that down a bit might help with that.  ;)

I still like the map as is though. Good job on for
your first!
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Lycan_Knight

QuoteOne thing that makes the map "easy" to some
of us is the amount of crystal energy, there is
enough crystal energy in the map you could
beat it without building any reactors. So toning
that down a bit might help with that.  ;)

I still like the map as is though. Good job on for
your first!

haha  well the reason it's got so many gems is because it takes place on a mineral planet. there are many gems scattered through the first level [upper crust] but the lower you get the less you find.. but the more valuable they'll be :)

Extremist_Pain

I must say your story line is good and the maps are enjoyable. please make more, ill be playing them as soon as i see them up.

Lycan_Knight

Quote from: Extremist_Pain on October 04, 2011, 12:09:18 AM
I must say your story line is good and the maps are enjoyable. please make more, ill be playing them as soon as i see them up.

well thanks  ;D if you havn't seen or played it yet i have the second portion of it up [although it was rushed so i may make an updated version of it at a later time (moving issues made me end my tests a bit soon :/)

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/viewmaps.php?mapid=254 thats the link to the map.

Cavemaniac

I liked this mine rescue scenario.

It's a theme well suited to CW2.

Took me a few play-throughs to get my fastest time.

Good map!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.