Storage Sugestion

Started by evileyeball, March 07, 2010, 05:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evileyeball

In the map editor we have an option to place military units on the board with them already having been full ammo. Why not allow a similar option for storage structures, so that for example if i create a large network of storage structures at the beginning of the game so that player has x/500 energy He still has to start with 20/500... Why not allow me to make those storage full to begin with so he could begin with 500 of 500.

mthw2vc

I'm pretty sure if any storage is connected to your network as the game starts it'll be full. To turn that off, just put the storage a little way away from the city for them.

Karsten75

Quote from: mthw2vc on March 07, 2010, 07:15:39 PM
I'm pretty sure if any storage is connected to your network as the game starts it'll be full. To turn that off, just put the storage a little way away from the city for them.

It's pretty easy to test a hypothesis by creating a simple map in the map editor to see if something works as one thinks it might (or should). If, in this case, you did it, you'd have seen that the OP was correct and that you are not.

Mike Tomlin

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 07, 2010, 07:23:25 PM

It's pretty easy to test a hypothesis by creating a simple map in the map editor to see if something works as one thinks it might (or should). If, in this case, you did it, you'd have seen that the OP was correct and that you are not.

untrue!!  The storage units do not start full

Karsten75

Quote from: Mike Tomlin on March 08, 2010, 04:48:07 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on March 07, 2010, 07:23:25 PM

untrue!!  The storage units do not start full

*Sigh* That's what the OP said. That's what I confirmed. The storage units do NOT start full.