Custom Map #2683: Dedication

Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2015, 12:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2683: Dedication

Author: Viper00900

Desc:
For all those still playing this addicting game!

viper00900

Please feel free to give comments about my maps!
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

Bongo

Ok here's my comment: This map was way too easy. There was no real challenge just how fast I could get it done. :P I've played ALL your other maps and they were much more challenging.

Since KC has abandoned this game, I'll take what I can get. ;( This game could last forever (and make money forever) if KC would just support it a little more.

(cough)

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15732.msg115394

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Bongo on January 17, 2015, 09:53:42 AM

Since KC has abandoned this game, I'll take what I can get. ;( This game could last forever (and make money forever) if KC would just support it a little more.

(cough)

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15732.msg115394

Dude!

A little harsh, don't you think?

I loved CW2 and thrashed hell out of it - totally got my money's worth.

There are thousands of custom maps I've not yet attempted and millions (billions?) of code maps awaiting challengers.

How much more do you need?!

There was a time when a game came with the built-in levels and that was that.

No community, no level editor, just whatever the publisher gave you.

Anyone remember Bruce Lee?

I 'completed' it six times in one game (the game would send you back to the beginning once you'd finished all of the screens) without losing a single life - and then got bored and turned it off.

Yes, CW3 has come out, yes it's shinier, yes it has more activity in the forums and map making community - but CW2 has not been abandoned.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Karsten75

Creeper World 1, 2, and 3 have been stabilized, but not abandoned. :)

Bongo

Quote from: Cavemaniac on January 17, 2015, 02:18:48 PM
...There are thousands of custom maps I've not yet attempted and millions (billions?) of code maps awaiting challengers.

How much more do you need?!

1. I've played over 2200 maps. That leaves about 400 (obviously) lame maps I haven't bothered with.

2. Code maps suck. The worst map made by any user is 100x better than any code map.

3. It's not about getting "my money's worth". I just think that if people kept making new maps then more and more new players would come in, many of which, would also make new maps. All these new players would pay and many of them might also buy CW1 and CW3 as well.

4. KC even abandoned CW3 before it even came out. There is no free demo for CW3 that I know of. For all I know I might actually love CW3. I just assumed it's an updated version of CW1 (which I hate**) so I didn't bother to buy it. Maybe it's awesome, but I'll never know BECAUSE THERE IS NO FREE DEMO. Just like there's no (good) demo for CW2.

5. Another thing, is that on Armor Games or Kongregate, if your game is not new it is old and forgotten. There should be a NEW CW2 demo EVERY six months. If the demo(s) had 20 maps that would be less than 2% of the total maps for free (and that's assuming people didn't make any more maps during that time).

6. After 2200 (good) maps all I can say is, "I WANT SOME MOAR!!'' I'm hungry. I'm starving. I'm famished for new maps! ;)

**I don't actually hate CW1 it's just that having maps be only one screen large would be like having CW2 maps that are ONLY 22 rows high (one screen). There would still still be some great maps, but no way would there be 2200+ (good) maps.

J

There is a free demo for CW3. If you hate small maps, CW3 has a lot of 256x256 maps (I prefer maps with both dimensions under 100). If size is the problem, then CW3 is the perfect game for you. On the main page of CW3 there's a big button (right under 'buy now') that allows you to download the free demo. If you need more there's a game on kongregate with 12 (smaller) maps. With the new PAC maps it's a 2-in-1 game with many custom maps that allow you to play as the creeper. As I hate large maps there are many, many maps I won't even bother to play, reading why you won't try CW3, those maps should mostly be fine for you.

Karsten75

Quote from: Bongo on January 19, 2015, 01:45:43 AM
4. KC even abandoned CW3 before it even came out. There is no free demo for CW3 that I know of. For all I know I might actually love CW3. I just assumed it's an updated version of CW1 (which I hate**) so I didn't bother to buy it. Maybe it's awesome, but I'll never know BECAUSE THERE IS NO FREE DEMO. Just like there's no (good) demo for CW2.

WHile I appreciate your enthusiasm, you are just wrong. There is a stand-alone demo here: http://knucklecracker.com/common/demo.php

And a Kongregate mini-game here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/whiteboardwar/creeper-world-3-abraxis (even runs in full-screen mode).

For everything that you perceive as a lack of effort, bear in mind that Virgil is ONE person. I can't even recall when last he just took a few days of vacation and did not deal with some aspect of Knuckle Cracker or new game development.  He has to focus his efforts on where he perceives they will be the most rewarding. CW3 has earned many time more revenue than the two previous games combined. However, the interesting part is that selling CW3 actually resulted in additional CW2 sales, so that also served as an advertisement for CW2.

viper00900

This map really was meant as a easier type of map as I had not made a map in a while.  Thanks for playing my other maps!  Please be sure to try my new map when it comes out.
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind