Custom Map #76: Trapped

Started by AutoPost, August 25, 2011, 10:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #76: Trapped

Author: Grun

Desc:
Trapped bettween creeper climbing from below and dropping from above.

Grun

First attempt at a map, hope people like. It visualy not great but is quite challanging, was going to be harder till I realised I had to set a time befor I could submit and well im not that great at CW/CW2.

Grun

Grauniad

Quote from: Grun on August 26, 2011, 06:46:28 AM
First attempt at a map, hope people like. It visualy not great but is quite challanging, was going to be harder till I realised I had to set a time befor I could submit and well im not that great at CW/CW2.

Grun

Yep, we learned in CW1 that requiring a score is the only way to avoid frustration-filled maps that can't be beaten at all. You could always hook up with a top-notch CW2 player and ask them to submit a score.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Grun

ahh never thought of it that way, good idea. Might do that after a few tweaks etc. Then again looking at times submited so far im not doing too bad at my own map :P

Grun

ps. feedback appreciated as map making/level design somthing I always strugle with.

DethbyIT

Quote from: Grun on August 26, 2011, 11:08:47 AM

ps. feedback appreciated as map making/level design somthing I always strugle with.

Grun,
First of all, thank you for making the map. I always appreciate the work you guys do so that the rest of us can have some fun.

I liked the way your map started - with decisions having to be made about the order of construction - and consequences (failure) if you don't time it right.

After taking out the bottom chamber, it is pretty well a race to make it all  the way to the top and finish things up.
I'll be watching for your future maps.
dbit

garry131

Great map!

My first attempt was disastrous. But I got it on my second try.

It was nice and hard.
I couldn't seem to get enough blasters, or tech, or anti-c, to turn the tide of the game,
and every so often a new element kicked in threatening to undo all of humanity.

So I loved it!