Custom Map: Creeper World TD

Started by AutoPost, February 12, 2011, 11:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Creeper World TD

Author: Ebon_Heart

Desc:
a tower defense game.... with creeper! the waves start after 2 minutes and get continually harder, protect your city at all costs, after 10 minutes you can leave. Read the intro text to know what will happen and when, I would suggest writing it all down, and above all, KEEP AN EYE ON THE CLOCK.

snowmaker (JM)

I would have been faster but I forgot to turn off my blaster  ;)

Ebon Heart

heh, nice. did you like the level??
EDIT: here ya go Krell! Congratz on highest score on this map, btw.
EDIT2: did a bit more work on the wall thingy... And thought I'd tell you, there WILL be some kind of obstacle in the path, idk what yet though, so... meh. Also, the random terrain and M rifts by the wall thingy are for marking, just ignore them.... And the drone by the gateway's just cool. lol.
EDIT3: no clue why a map was on this post, it's now moved down. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

snowmaker (JM)

I did but got a little impatient towards the end. I just wish there wasn't a packet cap, otherwise I wouldn't have lost two collectors   :)

Ebon Heart

the tenth wave is pretty tough... I was at 27 depletion and about lost one of the totems up top.

pixlepix

I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Ebon Heart

eudrick

Pretty Brutal.  Great Map.  It only took me 6 attempts to get all the coverage I needed to open the rift.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Ebon Heart

thanks, glad you guys like it. I'll try to have some more maps on the way soon.

Jay the Juggernaut

Wow. Searching through some old maps, and this was found. Pretty fun, although I only lasted 'till 8:39! :P
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Jay the Juggernaut on July 25, 2011, 12:07:28 PM
Wow. Searching through some old maps, and this was found. Pretty fun, although I only lasted 'till 8:39! :P
The second one's better, but this one was still good. After 10 minutes, all hell breaks loose on this one.

Jay the Juggernaut

It seems that I forgot the emitter closest to odin city on the right side... not good. ;) ...but if 8 minutes kills me what happens when 10 minutes come?!?!  :o

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Jay the Juggernaut on July 25, 2011, 03:28:34 PM
It seems that I forgot the emitter closest to odin city on the right side... not good. ;) ...but if 8 minutes kills me what happens when 10 minutes come?!?!  :o
You'll have to play and find out...

Jay the Juggernaut

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on July 25, 2011, 12:14:03 PM
The second one's better, but this one was still good. After 10 minutes, all  @#!*%  breaks loose on this one.

THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!!! :o
I'd probably die, I'm not expert level yet... I still am gonna try it!

Ebon Heart

EDIT: this is my new file hiding spot, if anyone happens to find it, that means you're enough of a fan of my maps that I'll let you know. :D check here every now and then to see what new maps I have posted. Also, send me a message if you actually find this, just for my own peace of mind. lol.

First Encounters part 4 is live now, so I'll just remove that.

First encounters part 5 will be up at some point, just a few more tweaks and it's ready!

Obstacle Course v.2 I started with Krell, but he moved away, so I guess I should finish it up, and get it posted. Krell provided a start, and someone to bounce ideas off of, but I ended up doing most of the work on here. Send me a message to let me know if I should keep it as Krell and Ebon_Heart for the author, or just change it to my name. I'm leaning more towards keeping it, if only in memory of Krell.

second version of FE5 that I'm making public is now up. :D

EDIT: I'm putting a concept version of First Encounters Part 7 up here as well. It's not great, but it is a start. No text yet.

EDIT2: Put up a more complete version of First Encounters Part 7. Still no text, but just know you must quickly get to the bottom of the map, where you will be able to hide in the bottom-left creeper gun until the 4 minute mark. drones/phantoms/challenge to come. :Pd

'nother edit: This one has some more work done on the core... the core isn't intense enough yet, and I'm still not sure about the possibility of the level. So for now, just enjoy the fields.

again with the editing: fixed 2 bugs in FE7, and added crystal energy in the gun. (it acts as a marker, and is helpful)

Challenge has been added to the upper right and left parts of the map... no real motivation there yet. I've been putting off creating that flashing wall in front of the gun because it's going to be a pain in the ass. I also toyed with the idea of drones, and gravity (gravity will probably be removed in the future) Also, I added a field around that bottom barrier... but realized that prevents it from corroding. I think that field needs to come on at 3 minutes, not right away... but it's in static main. If you'd like to help out with the map, copying that barrier to it's own field and setting a delay to turn it on would be great. Also, feel free to play with drones/phantoms, I suck at balancing those. :P Thanks. Whatever you get done if you want to help, I'll be sure to mention you in the description for the map. :D

EDIT: went to bed... came back 2 minutes later because I realized I did the description but almost forgot to add the new file. lol. Oh well, it's there now, have fun!

EDIT god knows how much: added a sort of rail gun, and temporarily took out guns, so you can play with my new toy. :P

Another freaking edit: The styglek will now help you beyond just keeping you in a bubble and giving you advice. Should help you get energy faster. :D Lemme know if it needs changed, haven't tested it yet.