unbuilded buildings

Started by jem, February 15, 2010, 09:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jem

it will be fun if you can make unbuilded buildings in the map editor, like the collecters on hope.
remember to play my maps. maps from the player jem! http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=jem

Sauffaus

mmm... yes... it could even be educational for a tutorial-map, where you want to show how to "schedule" building-times via careful link-design and such.

Could be useful...

jecowa

I made a Hope simulator map. On the spots where there are supposed to be un-built collectors, I have a custom background that shows images of the collectors kind of greyed out.

Enclosure.

Sqaz

Wouldn't that be completely useless, you can just destroy those unbuilded building and place other ones.

And if you want a tutorial just play Hope.

jecowa

Quote from: sqaz on February 17, 2010, 04:53:19 AM
Wouldn't that be completely useless, you can just destroy those unbuilded building and place other ones.

Maybe it would be more useful if you could optionally determine how completed each building is. For example, make a mortar be 37 out of 50 complete or a blaster 8 out of 25 complete. Maybe put some garbage in the custom map story explaining why they are there.

Sqaz

Quote from: jecowa on February 17, 2010, 04:59:52 AM
Maybe it would be more useful if you could optionally determine how completed each building is. For example, make a mortar be 37 out of 50 complete or a blaster 8 out of 25 complete. Maybe put some garbage in the custom map story explaining why they are there.

That would be better, it would make the game more stratigical.
You could place some unbuilded collectors close to the Creeper so you have the choice to power them up, with the chance they will be destroyed or to build other ones which cost more energy.

jem

remember to play my maps. maps from the player jem! http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=jem

jecowa

Quote from: jecowa on February 17, 2010, 02:56:33 AM
I made a Hope simulator map. On the spots where there are supposed to be un-built collectors, I have a custom background that shows images of the collectors kind of greyed out.

Enclosure.

Sorry, I incorrectly placed a collector in the first post of this map. It is fixed now.

Edit: It also includes the spots the game wants you to build things or moves things to.