Custom Map: First Encounters Part 2

Started by AutoPost, July 23, 2011, 09:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatoSterling

Quotegreedy collectors...

Oops, my mistake, that should have been "greedy totems".  That is the technique of stacking multiple totems on top of each other.  When you connect to it (actually them), a larger-than-usual fraction of your packets is allocated to charging the totems, temporarily depriving other things (like weapons) of packets.

mthw2vc, what are DES Tactic, friendly spores/emitters, cyclic backtracking, unusable thor, out-of-bounds pathways?

Aren't lists fun?  Yet more techniques - fake objects (via lying background), game cheats (e.g. movable-city bug), XML twiddling, grid network path shortening (via diagonal relays), attacking with unconnected units, one-way Odin City flight (no return), swarms of survivors/artifacts, anti-spore blasters (poor man's SAM).

Ebon Heart

Quote from: CatoSterling on July 25, 2011, 05:06:43 PM
Quotegreedy collectors...

Oops, my mistake, that should have been "greedy totems".  That is the technique of stacking multiple totems on top of each other.  When you connect to it (actually them), a larger-than-usual fraction of your packets is allocated to charging the totems, temporarily depriving other things (like weapons) of packets.

mthw2vc, what are DES Tactic, friendly spores/emitters, cyclic backtracking, unusable thor, out-of-bounds pathways?

Aren't lists fun?  Yet more techniques - fake objects (via lying background), game cheats (e.g. movable-city bug), XML twiddling, grid network path shortening (via diagonal relays), attacking with unconnected units, one-way Odin City flight (no return), swarms of survivors/artifacts, anti-spore blasters (poor man's SAM).
Friendly spores and emitters are basically spores or emitters that destroy creeper. For emitters this works because emitters simply replace the creeper directly above them with their intensity. So an intensity 0 emitter sucks up creeper. Friendly spores have to be hand edited to have negative intensities. unusable thor is when thor can't be used due to either the fact that it destroys too much creeper and can't be deactivated, or there just isn't room. I'm not sure about the others.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!