Custom Map: mthw2vc: En Passant

Started by AutoPost, May 09, 2010, 08:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: mthw2vc: En Passant

Author: mthw2vc

Desc:
Story: You've gotten halfway there, but so is the creeper. Don't lose it now.
Map: Fairly heavy spores are coming in 1 minute, but they shouldn't be too rough unless you try to rush it, but that alarm siren might just drive you insane. Good luck, and be patient.

mthw2vc

Fair warning - Unless I say otherwise, every map in this series will kill you after 1 hour, although you may still be able to beat it after that time.

And yes, this map can be completed on DD mode. The ground creeper doesn't advance far enough to be a threat if you're fast.

Edit: The easy mode is now released!
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2336

DarthVader12

i can not beat tried several times my current situation

mthw2vc

Part of the key to finishing this level as intended is connecting to as many SAMs as possible before the walls break. All but the far northeast SAM can be reached before you're forced to retreat from the low ground. Where you place them to defend as you advance makes a difference.

All of this is common sense advice I can give you. Then, for an actual spoiler...
Spoiler
The platform the SAM in the lower-right portion of the level is sitting on can be used as a relay point once you destroy the reactors.  After that, you can use your 2 spare blasters to clear some land for the final relay or bridge with the city. If you take too long to do this, it may be advisable to wait for the spores to stop coming first. However, if you are going to wait (It'll take until ~20 minutes in), make sure you keep the creeper from becoming too thick to push back.
[close]