First impression

Started by Sniper, January 10, 2010, 06:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sniper

As I play all TD on Armorgames.com, I got to Creeper World Training Sim. I didn't believe some game free of charge can best Gemcraft 0 soon (and I still don't believe :-)), so I was surprised by this game, that it is not another classic TD, but something new, fresh...

I ended the simulator, played again to improve score and felt like it is only test of something bigger. But that is the first negative think I would like to mention - nothing informed me that there is a bigger game behind it and that the sim is only kind of demo. So after few days I tried this pages just because of curiosity - and was surprised that there is a game with another demo!

I tried the demo and after the sim I must say, it is too simple and short. The Sim is much better way of demonstrating game possibilities, but there should be some more obvious presentation of normal game (e.g. below "How to play" a button "Full game" with screenshots and information about this sites and way to buy).

I now plan to buy the game, so I will give the second impression afterwards :-)
If you think noone watchs you, my agents will get bonus.

knucracker

A condition of putting the training sim on some portals is to remove 'up-sell' language and some links.  They usually let you keep links to non flash game portal websites.  So the KC "bone" logo when clicked will take you to this web site.  It is a small thing... but there are over a million total plays for the TS so far... so a tiny fraction of a million is still significant.

The demo for the desktop game is a slower start to the game since there are so many missions in the full game.  It can take its time a little more than the TS can.  The TS has to be a complete game by itself, that is why it has its own little dialog and why the difficulty ramps up faster.

The desktop game becomes more challenging after the first 5 missions in the demo.  There are a few missions that can be a real challenge for a large number of new players.  And then there are all of the conquest and special ops missions... plus over 200 user generated maps (and this goes up daily).

Sniper

In this way of meaning... I agree. Absence of big advertisement to the core game impoved the feeling from the sim, I really took it as serious game, not only a demo. Still, some way of introducing core game in the sim is IMHO worth thinking :-)

For Demo: if I take your description as fact, still there can be some hint in the end that you can have some more missions free in the sim :-)

About the last paragraph: I know I know, I bought the game :-) No need to advertise more :-D
If you think noone watchs you, my agents will get bonus.

Kamron3

Yay! This game seems to have a very very big seller to player ratio :o

_k

Joselito

What are you waiting to buy the game??? I bought it just 2 hours after I met the training sim.
First I beat Bubble tanks TD (again) and was bored 'cuz the game is too repetitive, so I Searched for another TD or strategy game. So I clicked ACCIDENTALLY in the CW training sim, I beat the game, but I was wanting more, and then I went to this site and downloaded the demo that I beat (It's boring to see the tutorial 2 times) And then I was curious to know the whole history and bought the game.
the worst side of buying the game is: here in Brazil the dollar costs R$2,50.
"then it comes to be that sooting light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way" - James Hetfield At song: No leaf clover

Capn Trey

I was curious too about the lack of an upsale link. As much as it bothers me for crap games and apps to be constantly selling me, I was immediately looking for a sequel to the training sim on armorgames.