Custom Map: Limit Break IV

Started by AutoPost, July 27, 2010, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Limit Break IV

Author: Xirema

Desc:
No Collectors, Reactors, or Storage for this map except what you are given at the beginning. 20 minute time limit.

He who fights monsters......

Fisherck

All together, a good map. I liked the background, and the terrain was different all over the map. You made good use of the emitters, making low and high emitting ones. I liked the fact that the map was not covered in Creeper, but each spot needed to be taken and held cautiously. But my only question is, why a twenty minute time limit (not that I needed one ;D)? Many people could play this map, almost beat it and then lose the city :'(.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Xirema

Quote from: Fisherck on July 28, 2010, 03:44:38 PM
But my only question is, why a twenty minute time limit (not that I needed one ;D)? Many people could play this map, almost beat it and then lose the city :'(.

...... Which is exactly what happened to me about 15 times during the testing of this map.  ;D

Like I said on another thread, for this map type at least, having limited resources can get pretty easily offset by having unlimited time (The strategy I used relied mostly on building up reserve blasters/drones the sending them in when resources got low..... something easily done when you aren't limited by time). Forcing the player to stay within a certain range of time is, until I get to be a better player and can produce harder maps, the best way for me to ensure that the player works fast enough to fit the difficulty I was aiming for with this map.

Nice time, by the way. Did you just ignore the upgrades? Because from my experience, taking the upgrades to the north and south of the starting area is a good way to waste a few minutes.

Fisherck

Quote from: Xirema on July 28, 2010, 05:26:27 PM
...... Which is exactly what happened to me about 15 times during the testing of this map.  ;D

Like I said on another thread, for this map type at least, having limited resources can get pretty easily offset by having unlimited time (The strategy I used relied mostly on building up reserve blasters/drones the sending them in when resources got low..... something easily done when you aren't limited by time). Forcing the player to stay within a certain range of time is, until I get to be a better player and can produce harder maps, the best way for me to ensure that the player works fast enough to fit the difficulty I was aiming for with this map.

Nice time, by the way. Did you just ignore the upgrades? Because from my experience, taking the upgrades to the north and south of the starting area is a good way to waste a few minutes.

I did ignore the ones to the north and south to the right. I figured they were more trouble then they were worth. But the other ones I went for, they can be very helpful, especially with limited resources. Reserves blasters and drones do help, but I tried to build as few as I needed.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.