Custom Map #2672: The Sawtooth Experiment V3. By: YaptainCoyote

Started by AutoPost, December 20, 2021, 06:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2672: The Sawtooth Experiment V3

Author: YaptainCoyote
Size: 128x512

BrokenLifeCycle

Uh... Where do I even land?  The only landable location is near the emitters where it gets inundated within a minute.

Karsten75

I think the map is a type of puzzle where you are supposed to sacrifice your Rift Lab by keeping it on the ground long enough to build and arm one Terp. Then use the terp to prepare a safer landing spot (decontaminate some terrain) for the  Lab's return. Then go from there.

xionic

This is an amazing map, one of the best I've played, but pretty brutal too. It brings together so many elements and tactics.

I almost gave up at the start thinking it was a broken map, but there is a way and it's such a great struggle to survive after the start too. Getting stable is hard, which is rare.

For anyone stuck at the start: you can put your rift lab down in the center of the enemy section and build a terp beyond the shield just in time before the creep gets the lab. The rift lab can get destroyed and will respawn (I thought it was an instant fail before this map!). Then you need to set the terp to "decon" and clear a patch for your rift lab to respawn and then struggle your way from there!