Custom Map #2392: evil gate. By: stellaire

Started by AutoPost, September 30, 2021, 04:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2392: evil gate

Author: stellaire
Size: 320x200

Karsten75

This map, like many others, I find the objectives confusing. It's almost as if the map author just slams ever conceivable objective in there, with no consideration for how they fit together.

For instance, all objectives are required. That alone is meaningless, because it means the map really only need one objective, the most difficult to accomplish - in this case, nullifying the stupefying amour of close-spaced enemy objects.

But then, we have the "reclaim objective. It triggers somewhere in the middle of the campaign, approximately when the Creeper is beat back to only occupy part of the inner ring. But why?  Just for feeling good? it accomplish nothing. As the classic saying goes, it's like wetting yourself in dark pants, you get a warm feeling, but nobody notices.

And the hold objective? if at least it continued to count down, but everybody that completes this map will have the very same hold objective - 20 minutes. So why?

And then of course, last, and equally unimportant, "activate totems". Same as Reclaim - a meaningless participation prize.

I'd like to say good things about this map, such as the clever ways that absorber terrain is deployed to  reduce the overwhelming advantages of breeder terrain, the clever interspersing of the different types of breeder terrain in the center, but I'm just perennially annoyed at getting these meaningless objectives.