Custom Map #4603: Brutal blue Prison. By: tamrin

Started by AutoPost, July 16, 2017, 07:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamrin

wow  :o you are right!! thats amazing, good to know  :D

sllypper

How do you even get out of the top-left island?

The most intuitive place to drop is the digitalis island around the top-left one, but how do you even drop on it with so many runners denying ammo supply?

This map is fascinating and I wanted to try it, but the difficulty people seem bothered is the lack of relays, and not getting out of the spawn, so I'm really hopeless right now. Can somebody help me?

tamrin

Quote from: sllypper on August 09, 2018, 12:35:20 AM
How do you even get out of the top-left island?

The most intuitive place to drop is the digitalis island around the top-left one, but how do you even drop on it with so many runners denying ammo supply?

This map is fascinating and I wanted to try it, but the difficulty people seem bothered is the lack of relays, and not getting out of the spawn, so I'm really hopeless right now. Can somebody help me?

Hello, thank you for playing my map, I will try to help you.

Pictures should help you step by step how to start.
Pictures 01, 02 are not probably your problem.
Pictures 03, 04, 05 are about getting more cannons

After you will destroy first runner nest most of the runners will be gone.

Pretty hard step is between pictures 05 and 06 but when u get to 06, u can destroy second nest too.
I hope I helped you. Let me know.

sllypper

@3rd picture

OOOHHHH!!! So that's how you charge up the nullifier!

I had mine at the power circle in the corner and it never charged a single pip because it was so far away from the command center.

Thank you! I'll now try beating this insane map! :D

lumpik

Excelent map, one of your best, i am glad that you deleted not this nice map.. For me it was tactic game. 3 time around the map must certainly not, if you do, it lasts really long time:-)
Spoiler
Sorry for my english, hope that you will understand. Go for forge, more weapons like +4 cannons and +4 mortars, and snipers, will be usefull too. Then stop progressing lineary, continue from your base area, build forge and go to area, where is located guppy. The trick is by connecting collectors witch are to far to be connected normally by flying thing, weapon for example, so you fly and fly between 2 collectors until you destroy something with powerzone on terrain(1 on terrain is there), then you can connect 1. and second zone normally by placing collector to PZ(from guppy area). Do the same trick between zone 2 and 3(guppy area and relay area), after you get relay, its easy and fast. Go connecting totems, upgrade forge, finish the map.
[close]

tamrin

Quote from: lumpik on November 01, 2018, 02:58:41 PM
Excelent map, one of your best, i am glad that you deleted not this nice map.. For me it was tactic game. 3 time around the map must certainly not, if you do, it lasts really long time:-)

I am happy to see that someone is still playing my maps :D I really must come back soon with some new maps (I have one in progress, but as always I am just lazy to finish it)  ;D

kingreaper

Having finally completed this, what with the extra time the lockdown gives, I am wondering: Is there a way to complete the zig-zag area (the one two to the left of the center) before destroying the center? Because it seems like the only place a nullifier could hit some of those nodes is from on top of the node itself - I can't use the spot a previous node was on because it turns to void.

marvinitfox

I HATE this map.
Or maybe I LOVE this map.
or.
Is there a word that encompasses both? Because if there is, this map is IT

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: kingreaper on April 19, 2020, 09:57:32 PM
Having finally completed this, what with the extra time the lockdown gives, I am wondering: Is there a way to complete the zig-zag area (the one two to the left of the center) before destroying the center? Because it seems like the only place a nullifier could hit some of those nodes is from on top of the node itself - I can't use the spot a previous node was on because it turns to void.

Second this.  I decided to take another stab at it.  On the right side there are three emitters I can find no valid placement for the nullifier other than touching a live emitter.  The hole left by blowing an emitter doesn't let you place the nullifier to hit the next one.  The left, however, can be killed, albeit only after you have cleared the anti-air and upgraded your weapons.  It doesn't need the singularity, but I used three bomber strikes to permit me to build a nullifier next to an emitter.

I also see no way into the third ring other than by hovering.

Slachtkonijn

I know this is really ancient, but I really like long maps. I seem to be missing some key CW knowledge: I took over the first island and made my way to the south, but I don't have enough firepower to actually land on the third or fourth island. I managed to get the first emitter in the long line, but I'm unable to get near enough to place a nullifier for the second. There are no other islands I could possibly take over (I think), so how do I continue?