Custom Map #284: Channels. By: Bob

Started by AutoPost, December 22, 2020, 08:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #284: Channels

Author: Bob
Size: 128x80

Karsten75

I just don't get this. It's one of the highest-rated maps, but there's practically no game play other than seeing how fast one can terp down some walls.

yum-forum

maybe this is just beginning of new concept?  :)

P.S. First maps of CW3 CSM concept started from maps of Cornucanis where main was terping...
P.P.S. Maybe Master Cornucanis will help? Good lu, Bob!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

kimbahir

I absolutely love the CSM series from CW3, especially yum234's maps. I rated this map high, simply for starting out with a proof of concept, and seeing CSMs start out in CW3. Agreed, there are not a lot going on, but for someone who literally spent hundreds of hours in CSM maps, seeing creeper and anti-creeper as "real" liquids were just magnificent :)

Cheers

flamewolf393

Quote from: Karsten75 on December 29, 2020, 08:41:19 PM
I just don't get this. It's one of the highest-rated maps, but there's practically no game play other than seeing how fast one can terp down some walls.

I agree. Theres no gameplay here, just lower some walls for the AC to flow. Its easy and boring. Feels like a conceptual demo rather than a real level.

MaxHax2

Quote from: flamewolf393 on February 25, 2021, 04:27:52 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on December 29, 2020, 08:41:19 PM

I agree. Theres no gameplay here, just lower some walls for the AC to flow. Its easy and boring. Feels like a conceptual demo rather than a real level.

If you read the description it says "CREATED AS PROOF OF CONCEPT". Pretty sure those words mean something =)