Custom Map #9255: chronom 2021-02-05. By: bedbug

Started by AutoPost, February 04, 2021, 04:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9255: chronom 2021-02-05

Author: bedbug
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Everyone is the creator of one’s own fate!

Riskbreaker

Weasee

I do like these levels. :-)
But I found there wasn't really any way of clearing the top left until basically the rest of the level was clear, then it was just a long boring wait to get AC through the small channels (even using bombs/singularity).

yum-forum

Quote from: Weasee on February 05, 2021, 03:52:29 AM
But I found there wasn't really any way of clearing the top left until basically the rest of the level was clear, then it was just a long boring wait to get AC through the small channels (even using bombs/singularity).

On your demand uploaded new version of this map. Hope it will be more enjoyable.
Good lu to all!  :D
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

DoomDutch

Really liked this one! Activating the right gates adds a fun new perspective~

Loren Pechtel

Spoiler
There's that gate up there.  Terp away the walls and use your bombs, it goes quickly.  Nothing up there remotely worth a singularity shot.
[close]

Quote from: Riskbreaker on February 04, 2021, 08:12:20 PM

Quote from: anurag on February 04, 2021, 07:59:21 PM
Any hints??

yes, push where your anticreeper is stronger than the creeper :D

Spoiler
You have to attack through gates, you can't expand very far directly.
[close]

I do have one substantial beef with this map--you have that very nasty red crystal and it's set quite close to a couple of emitters that retain their multiplier when converted.  There's no way to keep the anticreeper off the crystal.

Weasee

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 05, 2021, 04:45:35 PM

Spoiler
There's that gate up there.  Terp away the walls and use your bombs, it goes quickly.  Nothing up there remotely worth a singularity shot.
[close]

yes, that's exactly what I did:
Spoiler
use a guppy to open the gate, terp away the walls, put a blocker on the strong emitters, use the multiplier on the others, even drop the annihilator thingy there
[close]
but I found it still took 10 minutes at the end to get all the way through to the remaining low power emitters.

Johnny Haywire

OOooo, I like this one! As mentioned earlier, the creeper in the upper left is really strong and will eventually come over your walls once it's 800+ deep. I found that I couldn't let this one run for several minutes before doing stuff as in other maps - you pretty much need to get moving to build up enough AC production to keep the creeper at bay while you attack other stuff.

I didn't find a need for the singularity. Once you overpower the Boss Emitters, It's easy enough to just let it run while you do your income tax return or something useful like that. Come back in a few hours and it'll be pretty much done for you.

Thanks for another Bed-acious map!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

Fresh video about my game from Master DarkRubberNeck:

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last