Custom Map: Tweeper Epsiode 4: Seabed

Started by AutoPost, June 24, 2010, 08:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Tweeper Epsiode 4: Seabed

Author: Twi

Desc:
After the first burst, the nearest emitters are extremely weak. Clear the flats and build up your energy reserves before advancing further.

Toaster

OK, I'm going to need some help with this one...... Can't get off the plateau with only 1.5 energy and only blasters.

mthw2vc

The emitters aren't that strong at the start, you know... Having been in chat as the author made this map, if I remember correctly the emitters at the start are both 1 intensity every 5 seconds starting at 90 after a burst of 1000 at the start, so once it thins out a bit, it won't be too hard to push back. Your first priority should be rushing the storage and speed techs. I'm playing this map now, just so there can be a score submitted.
EDIT: The other emitters come on sooner than I expected from the way they spoke of it... It should still be doable with a large storage and a lot of blasters and speed

Twi

Quote from: mthw2vc on June 26, 2010, 02:33:10 PM
The emitters aren't that strong at the start, you know... Having been in chat as the author made this map, if I remember correctly the emitters at the start are both 1 intensity every 5 seconds starting at 90 after a burst of 1000 at the start, so once it thins out a bit, it won't be too hard to push back. Your first priority should be the storage tech. I'm playing this map now, just so there can be a score submitted.

This.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Vexsin

I don't know if I have the patience to build up (again) enough storage to make my way to the reactor. Rushed the speed and energy packets, got about a full 500 supply and almost made it before I ran out of energy. A little more and I would have made it.

Once you get that reactor, winning should not be a problem. Just very time consuming waiting for energy to build.