Custom Map: kronos

Started by AutoPost, June 16, 2010, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: kronos

Author: thepenguin

Desc:
spores are your only problem; you have landed in a world; and in ten minutes you will be doomed forever

Karsten75

Warning: This map is exceedingly random. You have no build options except SAMS and very limited energy. You cannot build enough SAMS to guarantee that you will be able to intercept all spores, even if you try and fly a SAM after the spores are launched. So depending on where the spore is targeted, you may be wiped out with even the single spore waves and you will have to start over again.

So  a high level of frustration and randomness  is embedded in this game.

mthw2vc

If you say that then you need to think out of the box a bit more to solve it consistently. You only need 3 SAMs to defend against each wave before the killing wave if you're willing to move them onto the creeper to fire a shot. All you have to do is build your 3 SAMs and get them in place before the first spore wave. Once you do, it's easy to reload any that run out of ammo and simple to escape. Or, if you're more patient than I am, you could bridge across the crazonium and only need to protect 2 relays.

Karsten75

I saw the opportunity for bridging, but I'm not going to do it with the split-second timing required to get all those totem packets over the wall. :(

As for the rest, I think you can barely manage three SAMs before the first spore wave, and if you are unlucky and your SAMs are badly positioned, I still maintain you can get taken out. But then, I'm not the greatest map expert, so I will defer to you nad the other knowledgeable players... :)

thepenguin

wow, my first map was that good?

I don't get what karsten meant about the randomness, though
We have become the creeper...

fridge

yeah, it's really luck or a bad time.  ::)  Hmmm. 3:48 is almost best I think, how he got the last 10 seconds... wow, very good time. For me it is not possible, but I think he made it.