Custom Map #9171: The One. By: Subzerofire

Started by AutoPost, December 29, 2020, 06:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9171: The One

Author: Subzerofire
Size: 100x100

Desc:
Play any strategy that you want to. Have fun!

Johnny Haywire

Very nice challenge! This map does seem very familiar though... kinda like map #9002 by Hypnotic22. There are obviously quite a few differences though so it's more like a variation on a theme, which is cool.

I see a lot of people seem to be struggling with the map, but apparently they don't know about the forums. That's sad.  :'(

The 10k ore per corner helps tremendously, as does each PZ. I found that alternating between a mortar and beam kept everything at bay until I had enough power to expand. In hindsight, I think it could be possible to build a reactor on the PZ which should power enough mortars & beams to keep from having to switch back & forth.

Very well-balanced map and a good challenge for anyone wanting to see if they qualify to pass from "advanced" to "expert" level. I don't know that this requires "elite" skills though... but I'd say it's probably in the top 10%; definitely in the top 20% as far as difficulty goes.

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

this map was pretty straightforward. I mean, the moment you have won, ehh, you have won!

joking!

I gave 10/10 for this, very nice and tough map. Had to restart 4-5 times and I don't care I'm the only one above 1 hour. I won! thank you for making this map, Mr. Subzerofire!