Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #686: Flipper

Author: The_Mell
Size: 160x160

Desc:
*bing bing bing* Be fast and it works!

Johnny Haywire

One of the best things about CW3 is the forums - you can post comments right after finishing a map which means the map creator can get ideas & feedback, and other players can get hints and strategies more easily.

Unfortunately, this is one of the weaknesses of PF. After finishing the map, there's no option to go to the forums and post comments so you have to look for the map - I usually do the forum first and then do the map so it's already up. But it's annoying when I forget and I almost didn't want to post on this map/mission.

But after one frustrating start, I got the mine lathe + HQ lathe to flip the first emitter on the left, so I decided to keep going.

Want to keep those pesky suicide ships from bothering you? Start building a ship, then warp your HQ away and destroy the mine. They'll park at the place where the ship is building and never bother you again  ;)

Pretty cool mission, and I think the ratings would've been a lot higher if players had been able to see some hints on the forum. But one small oversight in the game code can make a huge difference in the game experience.

Thanks for the mission!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?