Author: yum234
Size: 140x150

Desc:
#PlayAsCreeper #GoodLuck

stdout

Portelly

yum-forum

Very popular among haters: last 3 rates - "1", "1" and again "1"!!!  :( :( :(

C 8) 8) 8) L!  Haters are the most valuable&powerful players in CW3 society... I am shocked!

P.S. It is easier to draw a gray square with the same result...
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

NNR_Alex

Stickman

Quote from: yum-forum on September 28, 2016, 04:48:41 PM

C 8) 8) 8) L!  Haters are the most valuable&powerful players in CW3 society... I am shocked!

Remember, Yum, you're doing a very good job with these maps. Your maps are the best PAC maps in regards of STRUGGLE. Every time I manage to find a weakness in enemy defenses and grab few more PZ's feels rewarding. Every win is significant.

But your PAC maps are much harder than many other maps, and they require good knowledge of the game mechanics. A lot of other PAC maps can be won just by knowing basic controls and going with simple strategy like "press T on emitter closest to some pz enemy, apply field in the direction of pz enemy and wait; throw spores if there is a void gap or no beams around; if it does not work, try another spot; repeat till you win" You can use more complex strategies to get better scores, but many little tricks are not required to finish many PAC maps.

Two examples of more complex mechanics I've used on this map:

1) On my second playthrough I used second starting point and secured four PZ's here. My next move was to capture one of the runner nests. Right one was guarded by PZ cannon and I couldn't get my creeper far enough to get to the nest. I tried left one, pressed T on closest emitter and applied field. And I couldn't get to left nest either, PZ mortar was too strong for me. I tried pushing down, tried to push for nests again, no result. And then I had "gotcha" moment - there were two emitters right next to PZ mortar, and I could use them not as just "more creeper production for emitter I pressed T on" but as a distraction for this mortar. So, once again, I pressed T on left emitter, applied field and switched two isolated emitters from support to normal mode. PZ mortar was distracted and I captured nest in seconds. It's a very simple thing, but I remember just one map where distracting mortars with high level of creeper over isolated area was absolutely required to complete a map.

2) Long stripes of land, patrolled by strafers, just outside starting areas. Strafers ruin digitalis, preventing progress. You can use void in between stripes of land to grow digitalis, and it would be safe from strafers. On my first playthrough I managed to catch exploding runner  on the edge of this land, get some digitalis into void that way and then [brace for stupidity] I waited for stafers to destroy digitalis (they damage it one tile into the void) and used spilled creeper to build more digitalis. It was slow, inefficient and dull process of moving one-two tiles per strafer run. On my second playthrough I realized that I have my own very digitalis destruction tool that I completely overlooked because I barely use it on other PAC maps. Why bother with alternating destruction/creation mode if these maps have spore-safe zones to lay path through void? I think that using destruction tool shaved off good twenty minutes of my map completion time and if used it smartly to direct and stop runners - maybe five more minutes.

So your maps are a rather big jump in difficulty (from my perspective, at least) and there is nothing to soften this jump. So you'll always have some "haters" that cannot figure out the map due to lack of knowledge, but you've already got some fans that love your maps.
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

yum-forum

Quote from: Stickman on September 30, 2016, 01:05:15 PM
Quote from: yum-forum on September 28, 2016, 04:48:41 PM

Remember, Yum, you're doing a very good job with these maps. Your maps are the best PAC maps in regards of STRUGGLE. Every time I manage to find a weakness in enemy defenses and grab few more PZ's feels rewarding. Every win is significant.

But your PAC maps are much harder than many other maps, and they require good knowledge of the game mechanics. A lot of other PAC maps can be won just by knowing basic controls and going with simple strategy like "press T on emitter closest to some pz enemy, apply field in the direction of pz enemy and wait; throw spores if there is a void gap or no beams around; if it does not work, try another spot; repeat till you win" You can use more complex strategies to get better scores, but many little tricks are not required to finish many PAC maps.

Two examples of more complex mechanics I've used on this map:

1) On my second playthrough I used second starting point and secured four PZ's here. My next move was to capture one of the runner nests. Right one was guarded by PZ cannon and I couldn't get my creeper far enough to get to the nest. I tried left one, pressed T on closest emitter and applied field. And I couldn't get to left nest either, PZ mortar was too strong for me. I tried pushing down, tried to push for nests again, no result. And then I had "gotcha" moment - there were two emitters right next to PZ mortar, and I could use them not as just "more creeper production for emitter I pressed T on" but as a distraction for this mortar. So, once again, I pressed T on left emitter, applied field and switched two isolated emitters from support to normal mode. PZ mortar was distracted and I captured nest in seconds. It's a very simple thing, but I remember just one map where distracting mortars with high level of creeper over isolated area was absolutely required to complete a map.

2) Long stripes of land, patrolled by strafers, just outside starting areas. Strafers ruin digitalis, preventing progress. You can use void in between stripes of land to grow digitalis, and it would be safe from strafers. On my first playthrough I managed to catch exploding runner  on the edge of this land, get some digitalis into void that way and then [brace for stupidity] I waited for stafers to destroy digitalis (they damage it one tile into the void) and used spilled creeper to build more digitalis. It was slow, inefficient and dull process of moving one-two tiles per strafer run. On my second playthrough I realized that I have my own very digitalis destruction tool that I completely overlooked because I barely use it on other PAC maps. Why bother with alternating destruction/creation mode if these maps have spore-safe zones to lay path through void? I think that using destruction tool shaved off good twenty minutes of my map completion time and if used it smartly to direct and stop runners - maybe five more minutes.

So your maps are a rather big jump in difficulty (from my perspective, at least) and there is nothing to soften this jump. So you'll always have some "haters" that cannot figure out the map due to lack of knowledge, but you've already got some fans that love your maps.

Thank You for commemts (so big!   8) )! You are welcome!  :)

P.S. I am not so perfect in know-how of mechanics. For example, interesting that I played many many CW3 games and only in this game understand how useful "T"!  ;)
last

senorjupi

ok I don't want to be that guy but i guess i am

HELP

Love yum234's maps but sometimes i just cant beat them.

several tries and an equal number of fails on this one

can anyone who may still be following this map give a guy a starting hint?

yum-forum

Quote from: senorjupi on April 04, 2017, 05:48:31 PM
ok I don't want to be that guy but i guess i am

HELP

Love yum234's maps but sometimes i just cant beat them.

several tries and an equal number of fails on this one

can anyone who may still be following this map give a guy a starting hint?

Sorry for delay with answer. Recently I am usually not visit CW3.
You may start from any 3 areas (1, 2 or 3). For instance, if You start from area 1, You have to concentrate all 5 emitters at left/up emitter. And set Spore Towers as shown in first screenshot.Then You can see from other attached screenshots.
Or in the same manner You can start from other area (2 or 3). Not easy but also possible to start in the same time from two areas (1 and 2 or 2 and 3 or 1 and 3).
Good Luck!  :)
last

toolforger

One thing I'm noticing about the yum maps - the start is getting harder, but after that, it's essentially just grind.

yum-forum

Quote from: toolforger on May 31, 2017, 04:49:53 PM
One thing I'm noticing about the yum maps - the start is getting harder, but after that, it's essentially just grind.

Is this "grinding" enjoyable or not?  ;)
last

yum-forum

Fresh video from PRG:

The same with 2X speed:

last