Can we delete maps/files we have imported?

Started by the wire source, June 08, 2010, 08:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the wire source

I have downloaded over 10 custom maps so far to my mac, in a separate folder on my desktop. When I was done playing them, I removed the .cwm file from the folder to trash and emptied. On Creeper World, I can still play the game, so importing places the files somewhere? I know you can click X to "delete the custom map," but does it erase all files of that map for good? I just don't want to junk up my system with a lot of files as I plan to continue to play lots of them. Hope that explains well enough. Let me know if files need to be erased manually from another folder somewhere. I am on a MAC.

Karsten75

Yes.

On Windows, open Windows Explorer (Taskbar -> Start, type "Explorer" in the Search box and select Windows Explorer).

In the Windows Explorer address bar, type

%appdata%\CreeperWorld\customgames\

These are the custom maps that you have imported into the game. You may delete them.

the wire source

I am on a Mac. I should have mentioned that.

Karsten75

My knowledge stops at the end of the Windows universe. Perhaps there is enough information in my instructions to tell you where to look - look for a creeperworld folder somewhere on your Mac.

Kamron3

Better yet, get a PC aka something that works.

the wire source

Hah, lets not start that debate. I love my Mac.

I'll see if I can find a folder of that type. Mac integrates pretty well and organizes, but mostly into folders we never need to find.

Echo51

Its in Library/Preferences/CreeperWorld/custommaps

just clicking the X will clear them for good though, but you shouldent care about that little files, the mac itself stores more crap hidden away then you'd think...
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...