Custom Map: GRAB-N-RUN #2

Started by AutoPost, April 28, 2010, 11:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: GRAB-N-RUN #2

Author: Dan

Desc:
Get what you think you need and get out.

SPIFFEN

Hmm somehow i managed to get all of the items before i had to move away =)
But does someone have an pic of the best setup after you have to move away ?
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

In testing I got all the techs as well - I knew drones was crucial.  I build down, collected the 3 bottom techs, then managed to build up and collect the top techs. Then I flew over the wall to the middle high ground build one colletor in front of THor and a row back. Once I had that much energy, I started spamming reactors until I had +2 energy, then I built a mortar to keep the creeper down, continued spamming reactors, build a 2nd mortar, then spammed reactors more, then built 11 or so drones and bombed the daylight out of the creeper until the platforms were raised. I ran relays back over and moved my two mortars back and then built some blasters to cap the emitters and finally moved onto low ground with the blasters and used the islands for relays to reach all the totems.

Very nice little game. The only hair-raising part is in the beginning to determine if you will or won't get the techs. I might make a vid later, but it is not so critical as other maps that I like to make vids of.

SPIFFEN

I suggest that players restart the map until they manage to get all the items ,
so to start by going down first is an nice tip =)
And after some trys , it might be easy to collect every item before moving .
My tip is to use the highgrounds to see what you should try to get first .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

J

You need ALL techs before you can escape, so, "get what you think you need and get out" is a bad discription. "grab everything and get out" is a better discription.

km

Enjoyed this good, solid medium slog to the totems. Nice design, even if my own score was not that impressive. NB I didn't get all the stuff on the left first time round. May try again...

Karsten75

OK, made my time official. :) I'm impressed that I beat out Miss Melissa to the top of the leader-board, but I suspect I won't stay there for long.

(give it a few minutes, it's still being processed.)

Capn Trey

This is the best map I've played in a long time!

Aweseme.

Kar - thanks for the vid. I had now idea our play styles where so different. I often see my name near yours on the score tables but watching your vid I appreciate your gameplay.

km

Very interesting to see the video. The speeded-up model clearly shows the state of the overall battle between the player and the creeper. Also did you not see you could relay across to the southern strip (not the northern). Thanks

Karsten75

Quote from: km on April 29, 2010, 06:02:58 PM
Very interesting to see the video. The speeded-up model clearly shows the state of the overall battle between the player and the creeper. Also did you not see you could relay across to the southern strip (not the northern). Thanks

No, I didn't see it and frankly, at that stage of the game I didn't care. The collectors gave me more energy and I don't think anything on that side was time-critical anymore.

Edit: Just saw your time. Maybe I should have cared... :P

Dan

This is interesting I thought that I had it so that you could only get 2 techs and if you was lucky you could get 3, I had no idea you could get all 6, I'll revise it. and thanks for all the comments, I think that I enjoy all the comments almost as much as the game ;D

Karsten75

Quote from: Dan on April 29, 2010, 11:12:34 PM
This is interesting I thought that I had it so that you could only get 2 techs and if you was lucky you could get 3, I had no idea you could get all 6, I'll revise it. and thanks for all the comments, I think that I enjoy all the comments almost as much as the game ;D

Boo  Hisss  :P 

Just 'cuz we got the techs doesn't mean you have to revise it make it harder.  :)

Dan

Last thing that I want to do is make anybody mad, so I'll just try to think up another one and and see if I can make it work the way I want it to work.
Everyone is just to smart for me.

Karsten75

Let's be clear on one thing. I *like* your maps.  :)