Custom Map #4467: ReformCraft - A New Light. By: LappySheep

Started by AutoPost, June 01, 2017, 10:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4467: ReformCraft - A New Light

Author: LappySheep
Size: 128x128

Desc:
The first (and easiest) level in the ReformCraft series. This is level 1 / 37 in the goal of defeating the Void.

LappySheep

This is by no means a level that I put any effort into at all

but I'm posting here because I found a strat that allows a time of 1:09.6, and it's done by having a straight line of relays from the center of the three CNs to a nullifier as far away as possible but on the ledge that goes from the center to the left side. However, you put another relay next to the nullifier and move two CNs towards the nullifier. Move the center-top-left CN ~2 spaces ahead.

Note that one of the other two CNs has to also be next to the emitter/nullifier. By the time it reaches this area, the CN would be attached to the other CN and still have enough power to charge the nullifier, which in turn saved about 0.9 seconds from the previous run that I did.

Another approach which I have not started doing yet, is to make a relay from the 2nd CN to the first and block off the other relay so that only the first CN powers it. This means that when the two bottom CNs can charge the nullifier but there is still a small defecit of energy so having the relay be built (since it gets destroyed by the creeper) means I can save maybe even 0.2 seconds due to the 1.5 bonus energy. If this method doesn't work I will try it but with two collectors, and start building it earlier.

BilboGCL

Little late, I know - But why build anything but a nullifier?

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!