Custom Map #3532: Let there be Creeper. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, May 16, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3532: Let there be Creeper

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 140x110

Desc:
Well, this isn't hard. Maybe I'll remake it harder. It's a self building map! #Sorrontis #CRPL #Spores #AOO

TimeWeaver

When does it stop building so you can start playing?

Sorrontis

The last unit is built by 15minutes. I have this thing about 15 minute. I don't know why. It's too easy to be honest. Even I rate it at a 6.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

What about a map that is progressively created and destroyed? Move the assault force, and rebuild the energy grid. As a bonus, Energy packs are returned full (if not emptied)...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Far from it. Possibly more ambitious with CRPL, but I cannot match the quality of the maps I see made regularly.

Sorrontis

Well, I'll work on the idea. At least of a morphing battlefield. It'll require a strong cpu for that though.

GoodMorning

Perhaps making the terrain Terp-able, but let the Creeper flow over SetTerrainOverride would reduce CPU load, given that it's only SetTerrain with a lag warning in the reference. (Could make an ... interesting ... set of traps.)

Sorrontis

GoodMorning

I'm still not sure why you didn't just place void instead of a constant stream of Mass AoOs

Sorrontis

Me either, I was trying for something in this map I guess.

Builder17

I learnt from this map that mass AoO:s are dangerous. Not only to Loki , but player as well.  :o

How about making map , where there comes mass AoO:s into your buildings after certain intervals?   8)

So that void looking in this map is terrain one.  ;)

GoodMorning

Only if you want complaints. Perhaps if only the CN is targeted... but otherwise it stops being fun very quickly.

Johnny Haywire

I loved the mass AOO's - it was very hypnotic and before long I found myself passing out and having nice dreams about butterflies, bunny rabbits, and bazookas.

I agree that the map was a bit too easy but I did like it as it is. Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?