Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3942: map 160 ISLAND PAC

Author: yum234
Size: 170x120

Desc:
#PlayAsCreeper #GoodLuck

isj4

Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

yum-forum

Quote from: isj4 on September 15, 2016, 01:30:35 PM
Nice map and not too difficult.

But. I hope, not too easy?  ;)

Thank You for first comment to this map!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

isj4

FishintehPond

This also applies to other maps, but how am I suppose to beat a PZ beam with fewer than 12-15 spores?

yum-forum

Quote from: FishintehPond on September 15, 2016, 10:40:00 PM
This also applies to other maps, but how am I suppose to beat a PZ beam with fewer than 12-15 spores?

Spoiler
With 12-15 Spore Towers You can attack area with shield, get more Spore Tower, right/down CN You can attack through terrain. Then with about 30 Spore Tower attack right/up CN. At the end: left/down CN. Also helps shortage of energy.
Good Luck!  :)

P.S. My score not the best. Maybe somebody can suggest better tactics. 
[close]
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

FishintehPond

Quote from: yum-forum on September 16, 2016, 03:27:22 AM
Quote from: FishintehPond on September 15, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Spoiler
With 12-15 Spore Towers You can attack area with shield, get more Spore Tower, right/down CN You can attack through terrain. Then with about 30 Spore Tower attack right/up CN. At the end: left/down CN. Also helps shortage of energy.
Good Luck!  :)

P.S. My score not the best. Maybe somebody can suggest better tactics. 
[close]

I was stuck at the point where I posted that, but got around it.

Spoiler
I ignored that beam and used a spore to kill a PZ relay on the left that was in void and put an emitter on it. Used that to get to the SW CN and kill that and bertha. Then I flanked right then up to get enough spores to isolate then kill that beam. (PZ beam about dead center)

Then I did the same trick to march to teh NE node and take that. Then tried to flank to the S to the 3rd node, but ended up basically spamming spores to certain targets at a time.
[close]

isj4

I used a more aggressive and devious tactic:
Spoiler

Conquered the starting island using self-targeting spores.
Moved toward north-west using spores-in-void + delete-digitalis+flood+create-digitalis
Then moved straight down to the south-west CN. When the PZ reactor there is gone the whole networks start screaming for power.
Moved at the north edge with digitalis-in-void toward the north-east CN. That island had no pulse-cannons so it was easy to sneak a bit of creeper onto the island and destroy the PZ mortar. And taking out yet another PZ reactor.
Then took out the PZ beams south and south-east of the starting island.
After that convered almost everything to spores targeting the remaining PZ reactor south-east. The last CN falls quickly after that because it simply doesn't have enough energy to power the shields and the beams.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: isj4 on September 16, 2016, 02:20:25 PM
I used a more aggressive and devious tactic:
Spoiler

Conquered the starting island using self-targeting spores.
Moved toward north-west using spores-in-void + delete-digitalis+flood+create-digitalis
Then moved straight down to the south-west CN. When the PZ reactor there is gone the whole networks start screaming for power.
Moved at the north edge with digitalis-in-void toward the north-east CN. That island had no pulse-cannons so it was easy to sneak a bit of creeper onto the island and destroy the PZ mortar. And taking out yet another PZ reactor.
Then took out the PZ beams south and south-east of the starting island.
After that convered almost everything to spores targeting the remaining PZ reactor south-east. The last CN falls quickly after that because it simply doesn't have enough energy to power the shields and the beams.
[close]

Yup

Spoiler
Once you cut the SW CN off from the network you can build several spores and pound it.  They'll of course be shot down by the PZ beam but you can build enough that the isolated CN, especially since it's also feeding the Bertha and a cannon, can't recharge it fast enough.  After a while they'll get through.  You can then walk across the south part of the map for the SE CN.  At this point enough area is vulnerable you can remove most of the PZ beams and you can bridge to the NE.
[close]

jkukka

isj4

Quote from: jkukka on October 30, 2016, 08:47:53 AM
How to escape the island? o_O

When you have conquered the starting island convert one of the left-most emitter to a spore tower. Fire into the left void and convert immediately to digitalis.

See also spoilers in previous posts.