Microtanker to Tanker to Fleet

Started by Th3ch053n0n3, September 29, 2016, 07:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3ch053n0n3

If I leave my microtanker just inside the borders of the power zone, then have a setup where the only ship in range is my tanker, which can then feed my fleet, the tanker chooses to use the guppies instead, even though there is a direct line to the power zone. Intended behavior?

http://puu.sh/rsjX5/72694d3e0a.jpg

planetfall

Why not? The tanker can request 30/sec from the microtank, but can increase that by also using the guppies. This lets the tanker support a bigger fleet at once.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Th3ch053n0n3

But that's just it. It DOESN'T request from the microtank, JUST uses the guppies.

planetfall

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on September 29, 2016, 07:38:47 PM
But that's just it. It DOESN'T request from the microtank, JUST uses the guppies.

True dat. That's because the guppies are enough to sustain it. Two tanker-like ships in range of one another will try to balance their energy reserves, but the microtanker doesn't request because it's in mine range, and the tanker doesn't request because its energy is equal to the microtank's (which has considerably less storage). If the energy demanded of it exceeds the resupply rate of the guppies, the tanker should start requesting from the microtank. Otherwise this is a bug.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Th3ch053n0n3

Then I'm officially reporting a bug. Because mine wasn't doing it.