Couple of issues after hour of playtime

Started by jaworeq, September 14, 2016, 04:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laithaldien

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 15, 2016, 03:34:30 PM
Quote from: Laithaldien on September 15, 2016, 03:14:24 PM
Speaking of autosave:
An option to autosave every x minutes (different slot than autosave on map exit:) - there's nothing like playing for "hours" without saving, then the power goes out/ system hangs up/ a critical
player error occurs ...

However, just as many complain about the number of files created, running out of disk space, slow cloud sync...

That's why, if implemented, it should be an option.

I also noticed there are no keyboard shortcuts for building ships.

On maps with custom ships, I currently have little idea what they exactly are capable of.
A button to access the help ingame would be nice, there's some empty space on the menu below the ship slots.

One thing that bothers me personally is the lack of concrete data.
I don't know how long the energy will last for an unsupported ship (it suddenly just stops shooting), how much energy/time it will cost to build one,
and how big my energy surplus/deficit is.

knucracker

A ship overview is planned shortly after the release.  It will show what is on a ship, build cost, etc.  Similar to what you might see in the ship editor.

Energy consumption is a fickle beast.  It can be highly erratic.  One idea is to keep track of ship energy usage for a sliding window and to show that small graph (histogram) on the upcoming ship overview display.  That way you could at least see the peak and average and how erratic it might be over say the last 30-60 seconds or something like that.

As for global energy stores, usage there is even more chaotic.  But generally taking a look at the store is what I use to tell what is going on.  If there are amp gems, you can watch how that is draining.  If not, you can see if you are 0, or going up and down in the energy store.  If 0, you have to look at the ships and their bridges (they turn dark) or at the energy bars on each ship build button.  Or, more typically, you just notice the fire or build rates are low.