Exchange scoring bug

Started by GoodMorning, September 17, 2016, 08:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Having just played planetfall's "Is this art?", I attempted to submit a score. It doesn't show up in the table.

Order: Finish map, continue play, take out the remaining ship spawners, abort mission (could that text change after winning? "leave mission"/"warp out"?), view scores, enter corp. name, press "submit", button vanishes, score doesn't appear in the list. Filter set to "all".

?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Laithaldien

knucracker

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 17, 2016, 08:41:20 PM
Having just played planetfall's "Is this art?", I attempted to submit a score. It doesn't show up in the table.

Order: Finish map, continue play, take out the remaining ship spawners, abort mission (could that text change after winning? "leave mission"/"warp out"?), view scores, enter corp. name, press "submit", button vanishes, score doesn't appear in the list. Filter set to "all".

?

Go back to the map and see if you can submit the score again on the map launch screen.
If the problem happens again, check the game log file immediately after the error (make a copy of the log file).  There might be an exception of something like that.

It could be that the score submission failed (server connectivity outage).  If so the game should let you submit again on the mission launch screen.  I'll have to check the error handling to see what it does for sure.

GoodMorning

The map launch screen was where I did the original submission, having returned to it after the first completion.

The button does not appear.

I attach the log, but have played a few more missions since, without closing the game.

One possibly relevant section:

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Particle Fleet Emergence/ParticleFleet_Data/Mono/.\/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Security
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Particle Fleet Emergence/ParticleFleet_Data/Mono/lib/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Security
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Particle Fleet Emergence/ParticleFleet_Data/Mono/.\lib/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Security
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Particle Fleet Emergence/ParticleFleet_Data/Mono/lib/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Security
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Particle Fleet Emergence/ParticleFleet_Data/Mono/.\/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Security
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Particle Fleet Emergence/ParticleFleet_Data/Mono/.\lib/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Security
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

Yeah, that's an "ok" message in the log.

Looks like there is some score or DB issue with that map.  I just played and tried submitting a score  on #3 and sure enough, nothing.  I'm beat for the day so I'll take it up tomorrow and get to the bottom of it.

--edit--
Ok, a quick look and the problem is related to some funky characters on the end of the name of that map.  I had trouble early on with junk getting put on the end of strings from the linux version.  And this map is from that time period.  I'll see if I can strip the junk from the end and make it all work.