Custom Map #3935: Short Short's Flash Flood. By: Erik

Started by AutoPost, September 11, 2016, 04:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3935: Short Short's Flash Flood

Author: Erik
Size: 200x100

Desc:
The creeper are rising quickly due to heavy wind. Are you quick enough? Medium size, collect 2 Bertha's and destroy inhibitor to win. #No spores #No runners #Digitalis #AC

SuperTerminator

Fun map to play! I realized at the end of my run that I could have done it much cleaner.

Spoiler
The heavy wind feature really saves your behind. First: drop two CNs and build out your network as fast as possible and bring basic blasters online fast. The emitter at the back of your base will never threaten a thing, so its really useful for its power node. Second: premake relays to the berthas using guppies, then move a command node to briefly connect to the relays and get the tech. Third: terraform as much terrain as possible and make a clean compact energy bank/weapons depot. Fourth: using a combination of berthas and strafers or other weaponry, drop a couple guppies behind the inhib, construct a nullifier (recommended build speed at at least 5 or 6), nuke and win. TBH if you wanted to make the better, I'd weaken the wind effect, crank up the secondary emitter power (my base was only ever threatened by the initial surge, which was put down quickly), and move the inhibitor so it can't be backstabbed easily by guppies. When I see 2000 over an emitter, I really want to feel that 2000's presence by massive walls of creeper trying to flood my base, not get flattened by a combination of wind and a power zone bertha.
[close]
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

chwooly

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

D0m0nik

Yeah, also enjoyed this, good map. Not sure if the guppy approach is practical on this one, the digitalis alone would make it very tricky even with fully upgraded build speed and packet speed at 10.
I went for good ol' fashioned aggressive, full frontal attack. Worked a treat!

Barbe Rousse

Thanks everybody for the feedback!

Haha, that's a good trick! Not necessary, but a clever solution, i didn't see it. ;)

I know the inhibitor isn't quite as though as you think. For experienced players this is an easy map. Sometimes I just want to play a simple and basic map with not much going on. Very relaxing, watching the creeper flow... 8)