Custom Map #2298: Advanced Space Station Part 2. By: JoaoPistori

Started by AutoPost, July 10, 2015, 11:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2298: Advanced Space Station Part 2

Author: JoaoPistori
Size: 256x256

Desc:
I don't know how many players were waiting for the second part, but here it is! I have put dialogues when you get new a tech, so now you'll know when something is given to you. The "big flying thing" that moves around the "center" of the map is only destroyed by a nullifier. This map is a bit long, at the start is a creeper world game, later it becomes a computer speed tester :P Leave your comment, maybe I can make a part 3, smaller, easier and with more challenging units! Good luck and have fun :)

JoaoPistori

DON'T READ THE SPOILERS BEFORE TRYING AT LEAST 2 TIMES

If you are having problems when trying to destroy a sleeper node or the "big flying thing":
Spoiler
A) There's 3 ways (If the sleeper node stay without flying to another place):
1. Destroy the "big flying thing" and use terps, a terrain of 8 is enough for your snipers;
2. A lot of bombers/makers and mortars focusing on digitalis, nullifiers may be destroyed by the sleeper;
3. A secret one, the only thing I say is that you need to advance more and destroy an strange emmiter.

B) Build a nullifier when the thing comes. If it gets out of range, just wait for it to come back again.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

I have a hard time living long enough to be thinking of engaging the sleepers.  The lack of power is a critical problem.

PMouser

i cant beat this with the lack of energy again. energy is a killer.
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Jaws

Energy is a killer? I didn't have much of a problem with energy.

Spoiler
You start the game with one CN landed, with the ability to land two more. Notice where your reactor tech is, and how there are two sets of them? I was able to land both and move them around and nab all of the reactor tech and two berthas before the sleepers landed. Between that and building the upgrades, this map is just a matter of time. There's even 200 energy to get you a few reactors to start.

If you're new to sleeper maps, lots and lots and lots of beams and mortars with a sprinkling of blasters. Always have blasters set to digi at the ready, to send where the sleepers send their units to dispatch them. You need at least four units to overtake one of the enemy beams.
[close]

Once again, great map! Totally undeserving of the 5 it's got right now. Some people just don't have patience.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Jaws on September 13, 2015, 11:44:20 PM
Energy is a killer? I didn't have much of a problem with energy.

Spoiler
You start the game with one CN landed, with the ability to land two more. Notice where your reactor tech is, and how there are two sets of them? I was able to land both and move them around and nab all of the reactor tech and two berthas before the sleepers landed. Between that and building the upgrades, this map is just a matter of time. There's even 200 energy to get you a few reactors to start.

If you're new to sleeper maps, lots and lots and lots of beams and mortars with a sprinkling of blasters. Always have blasters set to digi at the ready, to send where the sleepers send their units to dispatch them. You need at least four units to overtake one of the enemy beams.
[close]

Once again, great map! Totally undeserving of the 5 it's got right now. Some people just don't have patience.

Sure you can grab the reactor tech.  That's not enough energy for many of us.

creepergirl

i love this map but toward the middle it did lag quite a bit.

chwooly

Was an interesting map with a nice challenge, Only question I have

Spoiler
Was it supposed to end when I killed the first sleeper?
[close]
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein