Custom Map #2664: Oddysen tries to map. By: Oddysen

Started by AutoPost, October 11, 2015, 05:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2664: Oddysen tries to map

Author: Oddysen
Size: 256x128

Desc:
Time is of the effence, dificulty is high (or well, probabbly really low, since I had to re-view it several times to beat it with my own mediocre skills...). More breifing on site. I should probably hav made more of an effort with the descrition huh?

Grayzzur

Nice challenge. Several ways to play that. It took me a few restarts to get in there.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

lividbishop

That was fun... way more fun than I expected.

I would have liked to NOT had the thor until I killed that mega spore tower.  it would have been harder, not too hard, doable. 

Could probably do without thor entirely in fact.  I might try again without it.

Took me several tries to get really cooking.

Loren Pechtel

I don't get it at all.

I see nothing to be gained by landing next to the inhibitor.  The base can't defend itself for long and can't do anything useful.

Unlike the instructions, though, I can land on the north island and take it.  There's that island next door with all the energy but I see nothing I can do with it.  You can't harvest it with guppies, you can't link to it.

I have nothing like the available firepower to think of going after any of the creeper-held islands.

teknotiss

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 13, 2015, 04:04:20 PM
I don't get it at all.

I see nothing to be gained by landing next to the inhibitor.  The base can't defend itself for long and can't do anything useful.

Unlike the instructions, though, I can land on the north island and take it.  There's that island next door with all the energy but I see nothing I can do with it.  You can't harvest it with guppies, you can't link to it.

I have nothing like the available firepower to think of going after any of the creeper-held islands.

hey dude!
this one is tricky, but you can get thor tech from the bottom right island in the first few secs.
drop one CN near it and build a collector between the closest emitters.
i did it first go, but didn't screenie it sorry.
then with the energy on the top left island i was able to build some mortars and collectors/reactors and then some blasters beams and thor.
hope the pics help
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

warren

Definitely a nice looking map. You can walk right up to the inhibitor and take it straight away though. Love inhibitors. Please try to map more often.

Martin Gronsdal