Laser?

Started by milkev, March 27, 2016, 05:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Vanguard

Quote from: J on April 04, 2016, 08:10:14 AM
But as far as I know, no wheels in CW3 yet.

In one of VirgilĀ“s campaign maps there are PD drones on rails. i am guessing they have wheels.  :P

J

Quote from: Vanguard on April 04, 2016, 08:14:52 AM
In one of VirgilĀ“s campaign maps there are PD drones on rails. i am guessing they have wheels.  :P

Weren't those rail 'walkers' (just like runners)? I don't remember the name 'rail rollers' being used anywhere :P

Builder17

These things are called gliders , I think.

Vanguard

WHEEL Gliders! I am sure!  ::)

J

Then I must have gotten that name from the wiki. Pretty much the same script as used in the story missions. From that I conclude that gliders 'walk' on the path, which happens to be void. In case gliders can't walk over void, they can't wheel there either. Do they have rocket pods powered by wheels?

GoodMorning

They have terrain rails, for appearance, but fly. I assume they have some way to re-elevate after gliding.
(Then again, how do Terps, etc. fly?)

Vanguard

Quote from: J on April 04, 2016, 10:11:23 AM
In case gliders can't walk over void, they can't wheel there either. Do they have rocket pods powered by wheels?

The answer is void wheels, obviously.

What void wheels are? These are the kind of wheels whose waranty is void the minute you need new ones.  ::)

GoodMorning

Perhaps a wheel turned up in CW2 somewhere?

Should we go on in Random discussion?

IntelectualMind

lol j i was meaning wheel as in circle or wheel as in cylinder

GoodMorning

In "Fourth time's the charm" there were wheel-like objects.

Vanguard

There is a script in the code examples ( I think at least ) which does terraform a wheel-like object.