Can i use SetTechLimit to increase upgrades like CW1?

Started by rolisster, February 24, 2016, 05:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolisster

Hello.

Ok I am learning the basics of CRPL So i would like to know how to:

1)use the SetTechLimit command to upgrades like the storage and speed pods in CW 1.
2)create a script (or modify one) that is like the vaccum in the credits mission,but has the range of sight and can be controlled by the player.
Me:hey i wanna make a script that create packets.
CRPLgenius:No you can't
Me:NNNNOOOOOOOOO.........*KABOOOMMMM*
     ^^^^^^^^
<<Universe End>>
     vvvvvvvvvvv

J

You can only set the limits, not the actual upgrade level.

GameGibu

There are several levels of being able to be controlled by the player. What you are asking about is not only possible, but possible in many, many different ways. Please be a little more specific so I can help you.

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

rolisster

^^^^^^^^
<<Universe End>>
     vvvvvvvvvvv

Builder17

That sounds like great idea , but it's alternative game mode. Arrow keys as control could be nice start to code. Sounds big work.

J

If at any time you need help from an existing map (like the credits mission), you can look at the code used in that map using this method: http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:examine_map_resources

Builder17

If you want do Pac-man game mode into this game , what you want do with SetTechLimit? :)

Karsten75

Quote from: Builder17 on February 26, 2016, 06:33:17 AM
That sounds like great idea , but it's alternative game mode. Arrow keys as control could be nice start to code. Sounds big work.

I guess you haven't checked out the credits mission?  There're already controls in that mission.

Builder17

:o I forget whole credits mission. I have played it many times.  :-[

rolisster

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 26, 2016, 10:44:05 AM
Quote from: Builder17 on February 26, 2016, 06:33:17 AM

I guess you haven't checked out the credits mission?  There're already controls in that mission.
I don't like the rotating part.I like it to go up when i press up arrow key etc.Mabye i can modify the moving part of the script.
     ^^^^^^^^
<<Universe End>>
     vvvvvvvvvvv