Custom Map #3141: Particle Invasion!. By: GameGibu

Started by AutoPost, February 06, 2016, 11:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLFP

You could make it targetable by all units, but only one could zap it and destroy it without the resistance. And vice-versa.
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

GoodMorning

It would still be difficult to implement...

What about something that has some regeneration, but the more hits it takes, the more health it gets? To stop it becoming invincible, have the health decay back to normal. Then you have to hit it with a lot, fast.

It just seems too hard to find what has hit it.

Or maybe it should cycle through? Fry it with beams, then Nullify, then Snipe, and finally you need the Thor?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TLFP

Quote from: GoodMorning on February 10, 2016, 08:17:52 PM
It would still be difficult to implement...

What about something that has some regeneration, but the more hits it takes, the more health it gets? To stop it becoming invincible, have the health decay back to normal. Then you have to hit it with a lot, fast.

It just seems too hard to find what has hit it.

Or maybe it should cycle through? Fry it with beams, then Nullify, then Snipe, and finally you need the Thor?
Either of those should work and be fun.
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

GoodMorning

The second one is workable, as it doesn't need to look at the projectile, only the damage (or a timer). The Core can have the attributes changed by "setunitattribute" and "CONST_THORTARGET" etc...

It does look interesting.

GoodMorning

Also, the portability of the particle CRPL is good. However, I suggest having an option to dispense with the inter-particle forces. It doesn't add much, and the lag can be a serious issue.

GameGibu

Lag? Read this post, also Particles V1.1.0 is now available.

Quote from: TheLongFellowPLAYER on February 10, 2016, 05:38:12 PM
Usually if I add scripts I have to recompile everything, not just the new script cause there's no option for that. And if I'm testing to see where particles go and then if I change things with custom stuff then I recompile. I just reported this bug because people sometimes have a round world and don't notice things. They usually notice "Hey, I just recompiled my new custom thing. Wow, it erases all particles too! That's a time saver!" and don't notice the lag causing particles stuck in the corner.

Quote from: GameGibu on February 10, 2016, 05:42:25 PM
As a rule of thumb I only hit "COMPILE ALL" after hitting "Load", then I save, then I test. After every test, I hit" Load" again to reset everything back to its totally initial state.

I try to avoid using the time reset and erase creeper/AC buttons.

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

GoodMorning

Point taken. I spotted the new version afterward.

I had experienced no lag, but others had complained of it.
Also, running a heavyweight script with particles can be the difference between performance being affected and not.

May I suggest a roving particle source? Perhaps sniper vulnerable, rather than beams, which are too easy.

Johnny Haywire

Great map, dude! Didn't notice much lag, and none at all once I started shooting down the bouncing happy joys.

Always coming up with something new & cool = win!  8)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?