Custom Map #2482: Creeper's Revenge 7. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, September 09, 2015, 01:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamz

How is that 10 min score possible.

When I saw that score, I thought what he perhaps possibly did was SIMULTANEOUSLY destroy all emitters to prevent the 2.5 mins being added on.
So that's what I tried too. When I had about 5 emitters left, instead of destroying them one by one, I very painstakingly held each one back, whilst building a nullifier but setting it to Disarm. Once I had safely got close enough to all remaining emitters and had all my nullifiers built (at the 26th minute), I set them all to Arm allowing them to nuke away simultaneously hoping that way I could get an under 30 minute score. Instead whilst I did destroy them all, my time was still unfortunately 30 mins (although I had an 8000 plus score).

So yeah, definitely not sure how that score is possible.

Sorrontis

Hi Jamz, I coded the map in such a way the absolute minimum time would be 22.5 minutes, and the maximum time is 30minutes. His score has been reported, but nothing has happened yet. Don't worry about it though. 8)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Jamz

Cool. That's what I thought too but then thought maybe it could've been done by simultaneously nuking them all.
Anyway, nice tough map. Both fun and frustrating. :P
Oh and managed to find a way to sneak in another 50 points, by waiting for the 28th minute and nuking an extra randomly spawned emitter :P:P:P

Weasee

... a bit late to the party, but sub-30 mins is definitely possible :)

Sorrontis

Quote from: Weasee on January 29, 2016, 11:43:57 PM
... a bit late to the party, but sub-30 mins is definitely possible :)

that's a great job! Yes, I was aware it was possible, just difficult. A sub 20 minutes time is impossible though. The CRPL is done purposefully that way.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."