Custom Map #3093: Starchart Uncertain. By: Pusillanimous

Started by AutoPost, January 24, 2016, 05:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3093: Starchart Uncertain

Author: Pusillanimous
Size: 100x100

Desc:
An unusual form of Emitter, and an isolated story segment. Note: Test of concept. Not intended to be difficult.

Loren Pechtel

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

Just what we need... someone giving Sorrontis even MOAR ideas. And speaking of spelling words like moar, Pusillanimous - you ROCK! I haven't even started the game and already I'm blown away that you used "supposed to" and "affected" correctly. OH! You even used "you're" AND "it's" correctly?!! Stinkin' impressive. And the plot... I hope this is a series. This is well-written and intriguing! Great idea!

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Thanks to you. It was me who made this, although I had joined the forums earlier under a different name.

This was the first map that I made (OK, the first that I thought was worthwhile uploading...)

I'll put the code here, but it will be a newer version, and I still need to comment it properly.

The idea was inspired by the Hydra Emitter in the CRPL tutorial, but it seemed that there was more that could be done with it.

When I've tidied the code, I'll put it up here.

Thanks for the feedback.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

GoodMorning

Here is the version of code I am currently working with.

Note that for debug and containment reasons, a family stops breeding if the Genesis_Mutator is destroyed.

The Genisis_Mutator is used to create and manage the family, and stop the game declaring victory if the only Emitter on the map is destroyed, but will produce children.

This delays the victory by one frame, but this is unlikely to be important.

Thanks for the feedback, will make a slightly bigger map with this.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it! I can see maps like this being challenging if people don't think to build a suitable defense first before attacking the nullifier. But this will be interesting in a version that's greater in size and difficulty... I'm looking forward to it! Me likey challengey!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?