Custom Map #3015: Crescent. By: Edward

Started by AutoPost, January 10, 2016, 08:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3015: Crescent

Author: Edward
Size: 256x58

Desc:
This is my first CW3 map. You may see what it is based on. Some may find this very easy, others may not know where to start. Since the creation of this map, I've been working on others, but I thought I'd get this out now. I may improve the others based on whatever feedback I get from this one, and upload them one by one. Though don't expect anything soon. Anyways, enjoy!

D0m0nik

Hi Edward.

Great job on releasing your first map! The unlimited resources make this a pure speed map for the faster players but the two beefy emitters should also make it a good challenge for newer players.

I always appreciate some artwork and love the theme, cool map  :D

Loren Pechtel

Those are sure some leaky batteries!

Where are the real fast results coming from, clearing space with the singularity?

D0m0nik

No singularity needed. unlimited energy and aether allows for ridiculous overbuilding. I had 35 berthas within about 3 minutes! Use aether to upgrade build speed and packet speed first and then fire rate and range once berthas are built. This is a great map for practicing speed.

Once your siphons are built pause the game and build everything you need. Then unpause and manage your forge.

Edward

At some point when alot was upgraded, I paused the game and just filled the entire left side with reactors. Once unpaused, the game slowed to a crawl as a fan of pellets spread out over the network. Wish I had recorded that. :D

D0m0nik

With an energy packet as large as this one you do not need a single collector or reactor. I have attached a view at 7 seconds. This is overkill but certainly gets the job done.

All you know need to do is choose - Do I upgrade packet speed and build speed to get the berthas built faster or do I upgrade range and fire rate first and start pushing the front line forward?

This is a great map to practice on and get to know the forge and the upgrades and it is very useful for learning to play faster.

The singularity is a great idea. I just used it on a replay and shaved off 30 seconds. Still used the berths to clear a lot of the creep up though and push forward.