Custom Map #235: Inhibitor's Wrath (EXTREME). By: Flash1225

Started by AutoPost, February 17, 2014, 07:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #235: Inhibitor's Wrath (EXTREME)

Author: Flash1225
Size: 256x84

Desc:
This is the hardest level I've made so far. About halfway through it may end up almost as a standstill, but it's possible. Kudos to you if you do beat this level!

anyone

yes, it's very hard. could you give us a hint how to destroy the creeper point at A, I have nowhere to put 2 element which for nullifier and a collector.

and also point B, how can I reach from the left to the right? air craft and bomber limited to 3, and Bertha limited only one. :( how can I clear the creepers with such limitation?

ha, sorry, I would like to say, that's really trick map. :)

mumd0G

Great map.  I just finished it and all I can say is make sure your Bertha is on a destroyed pad to get the three rockets at once. It will make hitting your 'B' point possible.

Ionizer

Quote from: anyone on April 25, 2014, 12:45:49 PM
yes, it's very hard. could you give us a hint how to destroy the creeper point at A, I have nowhere to put 2 element which for nullifier and a collector.

and also point B, how can I reach from the left to the right? air craft and bomber limited to 3, and Bertha limited only one. :( how can I clear the creepers with such limitation?

ha, sorry, I would like to say, that's really trick map. :)

I was worried about point A too, but finished the map without killing it.  A single cannon held it back, so not sure what the point of it is.

For point B... Relays go a LONG way when put on a PZ.  :-)

Cornelius Ewald

Quote from: anyone on April 25, 2014, 12:45:49 PM
It should not be necessary to destroy that one.
But it is possible:
  • let one Cannon at height 10 fire at the Emitter
  • flood the area with some (I think I used 6 or 7) AC-Bombs (Sprayer, disarm, AC-Collection field so that it loads full of AC -> move there you want AC and destroy :-) )
  • terp the fields left from the emitter to height 10
  • now you have enough place for an relay + nullifier, just be fast enough, the AC doesn't last for long (or use more :-) )

I used some AC-Bombs at Point B too, the AC makes it easy to get hold on the island till you destroy the emitter and can build the long-range-relay.

bgzzz

No so hard. There is a faster way.

Spoiler

You only have to destroy the inhibitor. Go directly destroying it. Ignore smaller islands. Here is what I did to win:

Once you've freed the central island (quite easy), put bertha in one of the power zone. Use the two others of this island to build fast guppys.
Build also a powered bomber with the northwest remaining powerzone (only one of the two can be used... the other is to far from the land.

Build a good number of unpowered mortar, canon (around 15 of each), straffer, bombers and a bunch of guppies.

At this point, make the bertha, the bombers and the straffers attack a bit below the nest. This will help the south of the last island to be cleared.
Move all your units to the south of the island. Keep a bit of place for guppies, especially powered ones.

With this setup, you will be able to settle on the island. Destroy the nest, then the inhibitor using the nest's powerzone to build your nullifier:

[close]