Custom Map #3008: Microland 3. By: J

Started by AutoPost, January 09, 2016, 09:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3008: Microland 3

Author: J
Size: 42x28

Desc:
You are given an ore mine and a power zone, but you can't take both. Can you? #Digitalis #noCRPL #Microland #Miniland #Jmaps

PMouser

help please, i cant seem to figure out how to do this. ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Johnny Haywire

Sometimes less is more. If you split your focus trying to get the pz and the ore mine right away, it won't work as far as I can tell. I *think* you can grab the ore mine, then build a sprayer but that's a tricky combination. I tried that the first time and came close. The second time I tried the pz, and found that to be an easier option. If that clue isn't enough help, click...

Spoiler
Build a blaster in the PZ. If that clue isn't enough help, click...
Spoiler
Build a collector for some energy. If that clue isn't enough help, click...
Spoiler
Build a second blaster to defend the corner. If that clue isn't enough help, click...
You should have landed just to the left of the PZ. And please never type "should of" - it's "should have". If that clue isn't enough help, click...
Spoiler
Build a reactor in the corner. Or some other safe place. If that clue isn't enough help, click...
Spoiler
If you've gotten this far you should be able to figure out what else to do. Good luck!  :)
If you still don't quite get it, try...
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

J

Building a collector on the PZ gives a great boost to your energy production which helps to build an ore mine + sprayer just in time (which means you need to place your CN in a very dangerous position, but it can move). Digi will be a problem early on if you do that. Building a PZ collector and destroying it later might even be faster than building a cannon straight away.

Johnny Haywire

Ah yeah, nice tip J - and cool map too!  8)

I tried it a second time using your suggestion, except w/o building the mine. I paused a lot, but I could probably shave off some time if I didn't play on 4x speed maybe. Just too painstakingly slow to do it on 1x. But I do love your mini-maps! Thanks for your work!  ;D

MeTheGuy12

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 09, 2016, 03:02:15 PM
Sometimes less is more. If you split your focus trying to get the pz and the ore mine right away, it won't work as far as I can tell. I *think* you can grab the ore mine, then build a sprayer but that's a tricky combination. I tried that the first time and came close. The second time I tried the pz, and found that to be an easier option. If that clue isn't enough help, click...

Spoiler
Build a blaster in the PZ. If that clue isn't enough help, click...
Spoiler
Build a collector for some energy. If that clue isn't enough help, click...
Spoiler
Build a second blaster to defend the corner. If that clue isn't enough help, click...
You should have landed just to the left of the PZ. And please never type "should of" - it's "should have". If that clue isn't enough help, click...
Spoiler
Build a reactor in the corner. Or some other safe place. If that clue isn't enough help, click...
Spoiler
If you've gotten this far you should be able to figure out what else to do. Good luck!  :)
If you still don't quite get it, try...
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
lol
Spoiler
that was funny
[close]
Don't call me meth guy

I don't have meth

Johnny Haywire

Thx  ;D

I try to be helpful in a lighthearted way. Sometimes it might seem like sarcasm though.

"I'm giving up sarcasm this year. Yeah, so far it's going great."  :P