Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2986: Slow Down

Author: GameGibu
Size: 20x256

Desc:
Refer to dialogue within map. #CRPL #machine #GameGibu #category

GameGibu

It would make sense to note that my maps comprise 67% of the first page of newest player maps... I think I should  slow down and make fewer maps.

And judging by the extreme negative reactions to my last few maps, I'll just make easy maps I guess. :(
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

teknotiss

Quote from: GameGibu on January 02, 2016, 10:31:35 AM
It would make sense to note that my maps comprise 67% of the first page of newest player maps... I think I should  slow down and make fewer maps.

And judging by the extreme negative reactions to my last few maps, I'll just make easy maps I guess. :(

well don't worry about down votes for hard maps, that's standard across all games and genres!
make them how you like dude, and don't worry about negativity too much, if there isn't something constructive said then those comments are meaningless!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Johnny Haywire

And yanno, here's another way to interpret the "This map is too hard!" comments. Especially if they're in all caps...

When an entire math class fails a particular test it indicates that the test was probably too difficult. But it doesn't mean math is wrong. If a few in the class ace the test and the rest fail, it means that some people get it and others don't. Those who fail can get angry at the teacher, or the smarter students... or they can choose to work harder. Or if they've tried their best they might learn to just accept that maybe math isn't what they should be pursuing and instead find something they do well. Being different doesn't mean being inferior.

There are a few maps I've come across that I have yet to figure out. Yeah, that frustrates me but at the same time I see others have done it so the fault is not with the map (think "math"), it's with my ability to see a solution. I have no problem admitting that others are better at this game. Their superior ability doesn't mean I am (or anyone else is) inferior. So I'll never be angry with YOU for making a test that I can't figure out as long as I know it's a map that can be solved.

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" - Yo, duh!

Cheers, dude!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Builder17

Is this thing called something , what you johnny used?
I am talking about (think "math") what means reader should think it word as another word , because some reason.
I hope you understand what I mean.  :)

Johnny Haywire

I think I understand you, Builder. It's an "analogy" - which is a kind of "parallel idea" that people can easily understand. And thanks for your maps too, Builder - I think I've enjoyed all of yours also!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 02, 2016, 11:55:20 AM
"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" - Yo, duh!
Cheers, dude!  ;D

I am sure this all leads to the dark side  :P

lividbishop

The only problem here is that you just put a CN near the emitter and a nullifier right by it and the whole rest of the map doesn't need to exist.

That results in 1 minute finish time.

If the creeper actually went somewhere it would be (way) more challenging.

Curious to know how some of you got < 40 second finish times. 

lividbishop

but GameGibu, don't stop making maps!

most folks seem to be trying to provide useful feedback to you.

radd

Quote from: lividbishop on January 03, 2016, 09:12:29 PM
The only problem here is that you just put a CN near the emitter and a nullifier right by it and the whole rest of the map doesn't need to exist.

That results in 1 minute finish time.

If the creeper actually went somewhere it would be (way) more challenging.

Curious to know how some of you got < 40 second finish times.

Land two CNs near the emitter. Build a collector or two.