Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #654: Deconstruction

Author: PadPlayer
Size: 132x99

Desc:
The enemy of your enemy can be your friend. #CustomEnemy

stdout

So which piece of terrain are you supposed to terraform to 10 high in order to cause the custom enemy to destroy the big emitter?

Courtesy

Exactly how is this map supposed to work  :P
I can do it in 58:00... Which is when the map will finish on it's own. A few people somehow did it slower than me, and I have no clue how this is actually possible.

I don't understand how the custom enemy decides where it's going, and finishing this map in 1 minute as one person did seems beyond impossible to me. (come to think of it, so does 3 minutes). So I'd love it's creator to come in and explain! <3

planetfall

The enemy will go to nearby terrain unless there is a lv10 terrain cell somewhere on the map. Then it will go to that cell first. It also seems to prefer certain directions for jumping to nearby terrain (up, then failing that, up-right, then down-right, then I don't know).
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Johnny Haywire

And there's another option too. I don't have enemies. The enemy of my enemy needs to be destroyed with my enemy and anything else that I happen to see. I believe you should shoot first and don't bother asking questions later because it's just pointless chatter. Shoot stuff that moves. If it's stopped moving, blow it up. If you still see tiny bits lying around, burn them to a crisp. So here's what I did - (although it took considerably longer than if you just let the map go on its own...

Spoiler
you can build a nullifier near one of the spore towers and disarm it so it's ready to fire. When the Granite-Gobbling Goblin gets near, arm the nullifier and it'll zap it as well as the spore tower.
[close]

Interesting map, DP - would much rather have had some tech available as it would've made things a bit quicker.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?