Started by AutoPost, January 26, 2015, 01:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1653: Bunkers

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 179x97

Desc:

Helper

Looks like a nice easy game to start the week/sarc!
I'll give it a go.
:)
H

pastor.healer

That's what I thought too!  I just wanted an easy push.  Blessings Helper!

F0R

Start is hard, but once you get reactors and forge down it is very easy.

Helper

Fun game! I just did a complete sweep across the board, demolishing everything.
Might have to give it another go to see if I can get 21:07
H

thumbmaster

It's not often we get to finish a PH map. We had great fun playing this one, with the little guy barking commands at every turn (cannon here, sprayer there). He was extremely worried at the start until I took out the spore towers.

Spoiler
Is it a bug or is it by design that when the spore towers' timers go to 0 and there's no target on screen, that they just sit there in perpetuity?
[close]
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

RrR

spore towers only fire at certain target structures. They won't fire at nullifiers, beams and (I think) shields. So if you just build these the towers will count down and wait.

thumbmaster

Quote from: RrR on January 27, 2015, 06:47:07 PM
spore towers only fire at certain target structures. They won't fire at nullifiers, beams and (I think) shields. So if you just build these the towers will count down and wait.

What about CNs? I'm pretty sure they are valid targets for spores.
Spoiler
For this map, I landed the CN then nullified one group of spore towers before their countdown completes. Then I lifted off and waited for the timer to go to zero, and landed another CN. At that point, the spore towers remain at zero and I was in no immediate danger.
[close]
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

stdout

stdout

I finally got to play this map and loved it. PH you are a treasure to the CW community.

pastor.healer

Thanks for the comments all.  I greatly appreciate each and every one of you.

Blessings

Loren Pechtel

What's this, a Pastor.Healer map that can be solved by the simple application of force?!

Spoiler
Spores won't target CNs or nullifiers.  Land, place a nullifier on the corner of your landing platform.  When it blows place a nullifier in a PZ so that it bears on all the rest of the towers.  When it blows you now have time to put a reactor in one of the westernmost PZs, when it's ready put blasters on the east edge of your platform to kill the digitalis that's under those PZs.  All those PZs make the rest of it easy.
[close]

pastor.healer

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: pastor.healer on December 20, 2015, 08:25:48 PM
You going back to the archives?  :)

No.  I have the map list set for "Not Played" and sort by rating and I normally take the top map of the list unless one of yours or a PAC is on the screen.

pastor.healer

Come on! I create my maps just for you... :)