Custom Map #3012: Sleeper Islands. By: Creepermind

Started by AutoPost, January 09, 2016, 04:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Haywire

Heh, I've been pausing more on some maps to try to get better times. Not sleeper maps like this though - they're more fun to play in real time (at least 4x speed real time). And a lot of maps I play at 10x speed so I can get to the next one faster.  8)

I don't think I'll catch up to your times though. You're a bit too fast for me. Me only young padawan hare.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Nicant on January 10, 2016, 03:47:40 PM
Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 09, 2016, 08:56:26 PM
QuoteThanks! What do you mean by keeping it from firing?

I tripped over the bertha's power cord and broke it, sorry. I'll get you another one.  ;D  Here's my solution for the berthas & company...
Spoiler
I landed a CN near it, built one collector to get the Thor, then a nullifier which took out the bertha and 2 nearby emitters. It didn't get a chance to fire at all.
[close]

And another thing to make things easier...
Spoiler
Land the other 2 CNs on the island with all the AOO's, then build collectors around the top half to collect the Freezes and Nukes (that's what I like to call them). Use these to take out the 4 emitters & runners's nest, then decide what to do with the PZ's
[close]

oh ok, i thought the emitters would prevent ppl from build nullifiers, So when i played, i had to constantly deal with the bertha.  :P

There's enough high ground for the nullifier.  The CN will be in the creep but it can survive that for a while.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, and also keep in mind the nullifiers don't appear until the Sleeper CN shows up, so you can place & charge the nullifier before they even begin pumping creeper.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?