Custom Map #2822: The Destroyed Islands #2. By: Cree

Started by AutoPost, November 24, 2015, 07:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2822: The Destroyed Islands #2

Author: Cree
Size: 64x84

Desc:
The Creepers Attacked Other Islands! Defeat That Creepers!

Johnny Haywire

I missed the dialogue from Destroyed Islands #1... this one wasn't nearly as funny. :( 

There are multiple Artifacts of Odin, including a "freeze" - and an inhibitor. Always good for <2 minute game. 'Nuff said.
If you can't figure out the correct combo, just play it the slow way I guess.

Thanks for the map, Cree!  :)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Nicely done Johnny, 3 cups of tea and 6 custard creams and I still have no idea how you did that with the AOOs, I just cant build the nulifier in time!

Played it the traditional way and really enjoyed it, my favorite one yet. Not just because it was the hardest but because it was a really good balance of resources and I actually used all of the AOOs (I usually forget!), I used one just to survive the the first 5 mins.

Just had a brainwave, Johnny:

Spoiler
Did you power your nulifier with 2 CNs, one in a crater?
[close]

Johnny Haywire

Yup. =)

Spoiler
You only need one CN to collect the AOO's. And if you click the AOO mortar before your CN actually lands, it will land on the rough edges of the crater w/o going back into orbit. Dunno why, but it does. If you make the crater before selecting a spot to land you won't be able to land on the edge.
[close]

D0m0nik

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on November 27, 2015, 04:11:04 PM
Yup. =)

Spoiler
You only need one CN to collect the AOO's. And if you click the AOO mortar before your CN actually lands, it will land on the rough edges of the crater w/o going back into orbit. Dunno why, but it does. If you make the crater before selecting a spot to land you won't be able to land on the edge.
[close]

I just learnt something new, have to give it a go  :)

Johnny Haywire

Took me a few times when I first tried the map. I still don't quite get the whole reason for an inhibitor existing in these kind of maps, but if it's there ya might as well try to take it out.